NOS 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the guy who built the saw I take offense to it being called a "Bastard" lol
I'm just so distraught over this, lol. I should probably just give away the 044 I built last summer, starting with NOS cases, and the 084 I built from 90% NOS parts, including the cases. Not only that, the junkers have metal tags on them too!!!

IMG_4035-L.jpg

IMG_4019-L.jpg

IMG_4020-L.jpg

IMG_1013-L.jpg

IMG_1016-L.jpg

IMG_1018-L.jpg

I'm just so distraught over this, lol. I should probably just give away the 044 I built last summer, starting with NOS cases, and the 084 I built from 90% NOS parts, including the cases. Not only that, the junkers have metal tags on them too!!!

IMG_4035-L.jpg

IMG_4019-L.jpg

IMG_4020-L.jpg

IMG_1013-L.jpg

IMG_1016-L.jpg

IMG_1018-L.jpg
I agree 100%. I'll pay shipping on the 044 - heck, on the 084 too!!!

Waylan

Just because someone doesn't always agree with what everyone else is saying or thinking, doesn't make him or her a troll.

Some times, opinions other than your own, will in-fact elicit a response, be it good or bad. Doesn't always make it right or wrong.....just different.

Facts always clear up any issue. Speculation and/or conjecture just muddy things up.
Just because someone doesn't always agree with what everyone else is saying or thinking, doesn't make him or her a troll.

Some times, opinions other than your own, will in-fact elicit a response, be it good or bad. Doesn't always make it right or wrong.....just different.

Facts always clear up any issue. Speculation and/or conjecture just muddy things up.
Woo Hoo, my first unlike and it came from the likes of Dano.
Means a lot to me. GET A GRIP.

Yo Brad, my 064 I picked up here is a older "Survivor" model with a little more wear (but stihl plenty clean) what bar do you think looks best on these Stihls? Im not interested in a Stihl bar so..... That size saw I usually run 24''. Im thinking I want to put a Cannon Super Bar on it, but maybe I should consider something like a Sugi-light etc to compliment the 064s power to weight ratio?

24" Tsumura light and tough or 28" stihl light would be my choice.

Who made you the record setter? Don't you have some saws to crank/run in your garage? lol

I probably shouldn't be saying this and I'll most likely catch Hell for doing it.

I am a deep cover operative for Stihl Inc. I have been for many years. My mission is to monitor chainsaw sites and report back with my findings, be them good or bad.

If I told you any more than I have already, I'd have to kill you.

We can all agree to disagree on the tags but I'm with Brad on this one, They were never sold originally with plastic tags so it should have metal ones. If I could have found them, they would already be on there.

I don't claim to be the best mechanic in the world, far from it actually but I will assure there was much care taken in the assembly of this saw. Much more so I would think than any assembly line worker would have.

She will be missed. However, that little Jred is making the Stihls nervous...It's a freakin hoot to run.
in my opinion you did a wonderful job and Brad has a beautiful saw. that said i'd prolly go fall timber with it lol, I loved those saws.

We can all agree to disagree on the tags but I'm with Brad on this one, They were never sold originally with plastic tags so it should have metal ones. If I could have found them, they would already be on there.

I don't claim to be the best mechanic in the world, far from it actually but I will assure there was much care taken in the assembly of this saw. Much more so I would think than any assembly line worker would have.

She will be missed. However, that little Jred is making the Stihls nervous...It's a freakin hoot to run.

Give me a little credit will you? I did say it was a nice bastard saw. :)

Woo Hoo, my first unlike and it came from the likes of Dano.
Means a lot to me. GET A GRIP.

I see that you are a new(er) member of this forum. Dude.....if you're gonna hang out on a forum, you need to grow some thicker skin.....quick.

I still remember my very first dislike on this forum. Initially, not only was I surprised, I was shocked, stunned, dismayed, upset, saddened, confused, and a whole bunch of other feelings.

Then, after about 10 seconds went by, I was over it. I was back to my regular ole self. Now, I'm quite happy just to have more likes than dislikes.

Anyways, in regards to a grip, I have one, and am very pleased with it. Maybe you should work on yours............;)

I probably shouldn't be saying this and I'll most likely catch Hell for doing it.

I am a deep cover operative for Stihl Inc. I have been for many years. My mission is to monitor chainsaw sites and report back with my findings, be them good or bad.

If I told you any more than I have already, I'd have to kill you.

Please, tell me more.

Really, I can guess that the last line is just a stupid attempt at humor, but I could just as easily, and probably should, consider it threatening another member and ban your azz.

You should know better, what with your background as a cop or Menards truck gate security guy, or whatever it was...

Thanks Brad.. I just drooled all over my keyboard looking at those Stihl pics. Those are pristine!!!

IMG_4035-L.jpg

IMG_4019-L.jpg

IMG_4020-L.jpg

IMG_1013-L.jpg

IMG_1016-L.jpg

IMG_1018-L.jpg

Those are beautiful saws, nice job. It is a shame that they are not worth much because of the home owner work bench assembly. LOL

Later
Dan

Nice saw Brad. I guess all is still right in the world as yet another "normal" ASthread has descended into the depths of argument.

Edit, I do see an opportunity for Stihl here, if one could document a saw from new and prove they were redoing it with NOS parts, maybe Stihl could reissue a serial number plate thru a dealer if the dealer would certify destruction of the old case/ plate

Please, tell me more.

Really, I can guess that the last line is just a stupid attempt at humor, but I could just as easily, and probably should, consider it threatening another member and ban your azz.

You should know better, what with your background as a cop or Menards truck gate security guy, or whatever it was...

Awww shucks......I apologize......I don't want to kill anyone.

You know, as a security gate guard, we tend to stand around a lot and joke. ;)

BTW......not that you'd be interested or care, but most cops that have been a cop for more than just a few years, usually have a strange (as in warped) sense of humor. It's their way of coping with the stressors of the job.

Latest posts

Back