The made in north america Old Magnesium Swap Meet.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0267.JPG I have a Homelite XL 500 Auto that i want to sell if anyone is interested pm me i guess. I have not set a price because i do not know the value. The saw runs great all screws are in place and nothing broken. It come with a bar and chain, the chain is about done the bar i have not had off yet . I will take the bar off and check it out soon though. If anyone has an idea of the value pm me please. I am a Partner man and i am looking for a P-85 or a P100 as well. If i have posted something that is not kosher in this thread just delete it if you wish . I read Old Magnesium and Swap,.. and said what the hey. Thanks Jeff

Who needed the Echo puller? I have one her with part #10150714330 on it but under that is says for 660 but I know that is wrong as it is smaller than the one for a 660...

Please don't make me use the super ugly Wards housings.

View attachment 338586
Let me check before you do. I've got a couple saws a guy brought over. Wants the blue Remington to run as it was his grandpa's and he gave me a red one for parts. The blue starter needs internals I'm going to take from the red one. If it's a PL-4.... you can have it when I'm done. If it's a 5, will that work? ... I don't remember which one it is as he brought about 15 saws and wants only 4 back in working condition.

PL-4 and PL-5 are the same except for bore.

B.T.W. Aaron and I have determined that a Homie SXL piston w/rings will interchange with the PL/SL-4 piston.

I have a NOS PL/SL-4 piston if you need one.

The PL-5 or SL-11 is a really odd bore, 48.5 mm IIRC.

Also, I've yet to see a blue one........................................

PL-4 and PL-5 are the same except for bore.

B.T.W. Aaron and I have determined that a Homie SXL piston w/rings will interchange with the PL/SL-4 piston.

I have a NOS PL/SL-4 piston if you need one.

The PL-5 or SL-11 is a really odd bore, 48.5 mm IIRC.

Also, I've yet to see a blue one........................................

A blue what PL4/5? So it will work for you?

The SL-9 types are 46 and 51cc. The larger SL-4 types are 59, 65 and 82ccc.

Judging from Acres site, very late in the SL type model run they painted some blue http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...9978372b5501363888256de60080f0cf?OpenDocument (SL-9 type). http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...f263d71958feff6c88256de60082c093?OpenDocument (SL-4 type).

The recoil from either of the above will work for my projects.

Carl, I might have a sl-4 recoil for you if anyone else doesn't. I'll have to look through the pile.

Carl, I might have a sl-4 recoil for you if anyone else doesn't. I'll have to look through the pile.

Thanks Steve. No big hurry as the J-Red and now the Homie 360 have my attention.

Some Remingtons came with the Wards style housing painted red/white likely due to parts being short supply. But, I'm trying to make a 'correct' SL-11 out of the carcass I got from Cobey. Runs good BTW.

Also I have a John Deere 15 needing the smaller version.

Thanks Steve. No big hurry as the J-Red and now the Homie 360 have my attention.

Some Remingtons came with the Wards style housing painted red/white likely due to parts being short supply. But, I'm trying to make a 'correct' SL-11 out of the carcass I got from Cobey. Runs good BTW.

Also I have a John Deere 15 needing the smaller version.

I picked up a pl4 cheap. Looks like the recoil is good. Do you want the whole saw?

I picked up a pl4 cheap. Looks like the recoil is good. Do you want the whole saw?

Not really, we are up to our arse in PL/SL-4 stuff except the recoil housings. All I seem to accumulate are the ugly Wards square type.

PL-4's are good saws and right in there with Homie SXL, Mac 10-10 and Poulan 306. Best with an 18 or 20 bar.

Looking for a spur/drum for a Lombard 68 or 658. 7/16" x 7 tooth. The drum inside diameter is 3 1/2" x 7/8" depth (for clutch shoe width). Big honker.

View attachment 353088 View attachment 353089

Did you find one yet. I looked up in my old Oregon parts lists and this was the only Lombard part number for 7/16 spur sprocket #64529. It did show a rim sprocket drum #10622 and the 7/16 drive rim #10514

I found the drum on eBay but no rim sprocket. You could run 404 or 3/8.

Do you think this would work for you?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oregon-Powe...462363192?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item2a3fffec38

Back