Got A Timberwolf TW-P1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledneck_77

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im brand new to this site today. Just thought I say thanks for helping me with my purchess. I been just reading this site for the last few weeks and was waiting to join after I found my splitter. Well I found it. It's a Timberwolf TW-P1. Guy was selling it on Craigslist. All that I have read on this site is that they are great. But the price tag on a new one was just to much for me to spend at this time. Then I came across this one for 1500.00 and I could not pass it up (even if my max to spend was 1200.00. Think I did pretty good... the build tag says Aug 2013. So just wanted to share and say thanks for all the great info on all the spliters out there. See you in the woods!!!!

Attachments

• Timberwolf_Back.jpg
    Timberwolf_Back.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Timberwolf_Downback.jpg
    Timberwolf_Downback.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Timberwolf_Engin.jpg
    Timberwolf_Engin.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 263
  • Timberwolf_Workside.jpg
    Timberwolf_Workside.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 219
Great find! I bought one two years ago from a rental shop. Not nearly as nice as yours but it had 4 way, extension table, and log lift. Get yourself the extension table first and then the 4 way. I rarely use the log lift for lifting, but I do use it in the up position for staging rounds.

gg

Looks like you found a nice unit there. Where on the south shore are you. Welcome the site, lots of good info here.

Holy crap. Had to be stolen....that looks brand new.

Get yourself the extension table first and then the 4 way. gg

Agree

Probably not in the budget right now and that's understandable but if you're going to split more than a couple cord a year the outfeed table and 4-way will make your splitting chores faster and easier.

Congrats on the machine and oh, welcome to AS.

Take Care

Yeah after using it just for a couple hours yesterday I found I am going to need the table grate. Love it can beleive the power. I did think it may have been stolen as well but he gave me the the recipt so if I have any problems or warrenty issues I woud have it. He paid 2195.00 for it in Oct. 2013. Blew out his knee a month later. Wife wants to move to Florida and his house is up for sale. Said he only used about six hours. Question it says I should change the engine oil after 20 hours or after two months. Should I change it now or wait until I'm at the 20 hour mark? Won't take me long to get there I have a good size pile to keep me busy for awhile.

Change it and start fresh then you know. His 6 hours could have been a gentle 30....

28ui6nn.jpg
wen I got mine last year a table grate was $ 600.00

I borrowed a table from another TW-P1 owner. For me, it's too small. When I split a big round, there's no room to leave one half on the table and still be able to split the other half. For the $400 that TW want for it, I'll build my own - much wider than theirs.

Jon

Made short work of that bad rider. Nice having the log lift there its like having an extra table. I can only get the manual log lift for mine do you know if you can lock it in the up position so I could use it that way as well?

Made short work of that bad rider. Nice having the log lift there its like having an extra table. I can only get the manual log lift for mine do you know if you can lock it in the up position so I could use it that way as well?
Short work? That was painfully slow although that wasnt the machines fault

It seems like this video shows up in just about every Timberwolf thread.i can't believe Timberwolf hasn't offered to buy the rights to it yet. That's got to be the worst example of what that machine can do. I'll bet that video alone had cost Timberwolf sales. Now that I think about it, I wonder if a competitor shot it?

Either way, that machine can put out some wood if you work it right.

Back