2012 Vermeer 1500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawson's tree s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone running one of these? I have the opportunity to buy one with 350 hrs just trying to see if any thing to look out for.

Cummings 135 hp unit has 340 hrs with a winch buddy wants 39,ooo he's getting out of tree work wants to sell for what he owes on it.

I rented a BC 1000 last week what a piece of confusing trash that was .... I couldn't get the RPMs high enough to get the auto feed to run then I couldn't figure out all the bump sensors , I am spoiled with my 14" Morbark thing eats like me

Cummings 135 hp unit has 340 hrs with a winch buddy wants 39,ooo he's getting out of tree work wants to sell for what he owes on it.
No way. 10 more grand will get you a 18" chipper, brand new with full warranty. Used equipment seems way overpriced right now.

Anyone running one of these? I have the opportunity to buy one with 350 hrs just trying to see if any thing to look out for.

I am running one, my buddy is running one and so are a bunch of other tree co's around. Good machine. I will never run a machine without a winch again. That will be the 4.5L cummins. It went cat, Deere, cummins with all the different tier motors for emissions bulls#it. They are $52000 new here and going up 20% with the tier 4 final motor. Just a money grab. Buy it up! Offer him $35000

I rented a BC 1000 last week what a piece of confusing trash that was .... I couldn't get the RPMs high enough to get the auto feed to run then I couldn't figure out all the bump sensors , I am spoiled with my 14" Morbark thing eats like me

Did you rent a Vermeer cause your morbark was broke down?? Lol

I like Vermeer , but all that new sensor **** sucks .... But to answer your question yea the whorebark was broke , reason I call it a whorebark because it takes anything you stick in !

I like Vermeer , but all that new sensor **** sucks .... But to answer your question yea the whorebark was broke , reason I call it a whorebark because it takes anything you stick in !

Gotcha. I like morbark and bandit but the dealers around here are junk compared to Vermeer. They have no machines in stock, no parts in stock and if you ask them a question about a machine they have to look it up and get back to you. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Gotcha. I like morbark and bandit but the dealers around here are junk compared to Vermeer. They have no machines in stock, no parts in stock and if you ask them a question about a machine they have to look it up and get back to you. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Yep, dealer support for B sucks! I have had the misfortune of dealing with my local dealer and they know nothing at all on what they sell! Total gong show dealing with them. We have great support for everything here from Vermeer. Parts that day or day after and they know what they sell. I have one of each machines ( chippers) both run great aside from the normal wear and tear parts. A buddy took in his new 200 for its first service and got hosed with a massive bill ! Was pissed ! Lol

Yep, dealer support for B sucks! I have had the misfortune of dealing with my local dealer and they know nothing at all on what they sell! Total gong show dealing with them. We have great support for everything here from Vermeer. Parts that day or day after and they know what they sell. I have one of each machines ( chippers) both run great aside from the normal wear and tear parts. A buddy took in his new 200 for its first service and got hosed with a massive bill ! Was pissed ! Lol

Totally the opposite here. I called Vermeer 10 times to try to buy a new chipper (my 3rd Vermeer) and they never even returned my calls. Bandit had a demo chipper at my house the next day and the dealer was extremely knowledgable. So I now own a Bandit 1390xp. The Bandit has broken down a couple times which is a little troubling but I'm still glad to have nothing to do with Vermeer. All depends on where you live and how good the dealers are.

You got a bad machine then. Not up to RPM means belt is loose. For the bumpers, just have to learn to feed from the side.

ps-stick a pinecone between the bumper and the frame. Works like a charm.

For service, Vermeer can't be beat. First service was free and that means free oil, filter, blade change (new bolts) and extensive once over. And the dealer was at my door within 48 hours to drop a brand new machine for the week to use. Glad I ddn't go Morbark. Tried one and it's bark was mor than its bite. (my helper actually said that to the Morbark salesman) Buddy bought a 12D around the same time and it's nothing but headaches.

Old thread. Pry last years price.
I was just quoted on a 250xp with 122.5 hp cat with all the options. $54365

1390 with same motor is $59925

Old thread. Pry last years price.
I was just quoted on a 250xp with 122.5 hp cat with all the options. $54365

1390 with same motor is $59925

Hard to believe they're up to that much now. I can remember pricing out a new 250 with all the options available (at the time) for like 30k... probably 17 years ago.

Hard to believe they're up to that much now. I can remember pricing out a new 250 with all the options available (at the time) for like 30k... probably 17 years ago.

Yeah. I've been in the business for me for almost 30 years now and in the industry for close to 40. It's unreal how much tree equipment has gone up.

I tell you what, the odds are definatly stacked against the small business's. Our industry is so specialized that they know no matter the price we have to have it. I could spend 50k and get a really nice excavator or something that does all sorts of projects, but no, I need a 54k machine and all it does is chip brush. Tis the game we decided to play I suppose.

Back