Deer stand to cut down trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtreeman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, hope all are doing well. I'm a busy man and looking to get into tree cutting. I ran a few ads in the local paper and I have 4 tree jobs lined up. The only problem is I've never cut a tree down nor do I own a bucket truck.

What I do have is a deer stand climber I've yet to use. I ended up getting it for Christmas and figure I might as well get some use out of it.

Any advice or suggestions?

I figure I'll hook the climber up and climb my way to the top of the tree. Just start cutting branches as I come up to them?

Anyone else run a tree business like this? Do you ever get out of your climber and hang on to those stubborn branches that just don't want to go?

Thanks for reading I look forward to the advice and suggestions

I only use RealTree stands, they be the best. Be careful of those Chinese knockoffs on ebay and such.....

Yes, I am being serious.

What kind of saws do you guys use?

I've been looking at a couple with 18" bars but not sure if that'll be to heavy or not.

Of course I will post pictures. It's always a kodiac moment when working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only use RealTree stands, they be the best. Be careful of those Chinese knockoffs on ebay and such.....

I have the summit viper stand

It's built really well and it should do the trick.

Not sure how I'll cut big trees because my climber can't go around some of them.

I guess I could buy some climbing sticks and a cheap hang on ?

I've got my work cut out for me I know. Just looking for tips and advice on how I should do the cutting

I don't want anything hitting houses and one tree job I have is right next to a nice house

I'm also going to cut these trees late at night so the owners don't see me using a tree stand

So if anyone can recommend me lights I'd appreciate it

That's a great idea, wish I would have thought of that. With all the work I have lined up I could start a second crew. I could send the guys out with one of their personal car and an old climber I got out in the shed

Just wondering where you get Insurance for this?

Insurance for what? You don't need insurance. If I get hurt I'll just sue the homeowners.

I find it hilarious I come up with a great idea on how to cut trees down and everyone makes fun of me because they didn't think of it first.

Brb I don't need a $30,000 bucket truck
Brb I don't need $4,000 worth of saws
Brb I don't need a lot of things you think you need

You guys are mirin

Latest posts

Back