Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like some decent wood there. Nice clean spot to work from. How much you figure you will wind up with from all of it?

I'm guessing around 8 cords all said and done.

Is that of just the piled logs, and the previous? Looks like there's a whole ****load of good fuel-wood on the ground nearby. At least it looks that way to someone who harvests anything larger than wrist-size. Been known to load out truckloads of skinny poles for buzzing at home- about 1/2 cord last winter.

Maybe you could resell access to that to scroungers, ferinstance $10 per trunkload. Land owner might appreciate cleanup, too.

I'm not talking about any of the small stuff in the background, that is all too small for me and too close to the ground...lol (I'm kidding here, if I had to take it I would but my back hurts to bend down to cut it).
She actually burns wood and her tenant is cleaning all that up.

Nice access, nice wood too, that looks like the way to get it done!

I am going to check out your splitter build too I like that tray to catch the splits.

OK, I cut and split the last two pickup loads this afternoon :) I still have about a dump trailer's worth short stuff that I am going to split and leave in the dump trailer and try to sell it to recoup some of my expenses. I'll take some pictures of the heaping pile of wood as soon as I can. Been busy as all get out but finished a job a little early today and wanted to take advantage of the cool (50*) temps. I think, no, I am done cutting and splitting until fall, except for the last load I have to get.
dave

Latest posts

Back