• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Most common method for purchasing items on tradin' post?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blrobison

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was curious as to the safest way to go about purchasing an item found on tradin' post. I know that some people simply post items to scam you, so what have you seen to be the best way to avoid this issue?

I think PayPal is pretty safe. Just make sure you pay the fees and don't send it as a gift. If you do it by the book PayPal will back you on a purchase gone bad.

I was curious as to the safest way to go about purchasing an item found on tradin' post. I know that some people simply post items to scam you, so what have you seen to be the best way to avoid this issue?

For people that don't have PayPal acct's, USPS Money Orders are a pretty good way to go too. They only cost a dollar and I recently found out that unlike many other places that sell Money Orders, the USPS keeps a record of when the funds were cashed and by whom (I was told you need a State or Federally issued photo I'd to cash them). You aren't going to get your money back, but at least you can prove the funds were taken and support your case in a dispute. That said, I still like PayPal. The problem is, everyone wants it as a "Gift" (Friends & Family) because no one wants to pay the fee. So, there is no protection anyway. Also because PayPal is owned by EBay you are still lining their pockets for a sale that they had no listing involvement with if you pay the 3%. :mad:

The problem is, everyone wants it as a "Gift" (Friends & Family) because no one wants to pay the fee. So, there is no protection anyway. Also because PayPal is owned by EBay you are still lining their pockets for a sale that they had no listing involvement with if you pay the 3%. :mad:

If you are worried about Paypal protection, add 3% to your total and pay as "goods or services". That is what I do and have never had a complaint from the seller. All they want is their money (as in full sale price).

Paypal

I have had no trouble with anyone on here , Have done paypal both as gift and for goods and services as well as PO money orders , all without issue.

If you are worried at all . Don't buy! Great group of people here. Just ask the right questions and look at the pictures.. If still worried Don't buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The safest way is to meet the member in person and make the trade in beads, tobacco, and guns (or blankets if winter is coming.)
Sometimes I wish things were that simple. Then again if you were the owner of chainsaws during that period of time you would be very rich I imagine! Or.... They would think you were practicing witch craft and burn you along with your saws...lol

WARRANTY! The best warranty I ever received was from an old farmer.."he said anything mechanical I guarantee it will break"!
I just fixed my buddy's Husky 372xp after 4 tanks of fuel the clutch came off and tore everything up.. Oil pump ,clutch etc.. Saw was out of warranty... The great thing about this site and the internet... You can find parts.. New and used OEM or knock off stuff. My 3 cents Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back