This winters woodpile/pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.finn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Had a log truck transport two loads of wood from a tree job that was local. My friend owns the business and said he had a bunch of hardwood coming down. Mostly big wood, they chip everything up to about 12"( makes me want to cry!!) Had to move all this to the back yard/splitting area with the help of a Bobcat mini excavator/dump truck. Wood was mostly hickory, oak, maple and ash. Some of the rounds were 30" across in those piles. Worked on it through most of the winter, digging out snow to get at the wood. At last it is all done!! I hope the pictures are in order.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 368
  • 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 380
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 348.JPG
    348.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 358
Very nice , wish I had your stacking skills ; my piles look OK but not like that , well at least they haven't fallen over......yet.

Thanks for all the comments. I kind of get retentive when it comes to the stacks. This wood is all for sale next fall, so I take a bit of time to make sure it all comes out right. It is the most time consuming part of firewooding and I curse as I am doing it but now looking at it I am glad I took the time.

How many hours do you think it took you to get it like that ?
Sure customers are pleased with you attention to detail.
Must kind of hurt in one sense to see the piles disappear , I have about two years worth cut , split and stacked as of now it looks so good I will hate to burn it. LOL

It's easy to see you aren't afraid of hard work. Anyone would be proud to have nice looking stacks like that in their yard.

I don't keep track of the hours(probably better off that way).As a landscaper I have time in the winter and I have been doing this for years. The hardest part is having a free wood supply. Probably not worth it if I had to pay for logs.I usually describe to the people that call about my process and what kind of product they are going to get in the end. I ask a little more per cord than everyone else because I go the extra mile to ensure a good, clean load. I don't mind seeing stacks go because I get money in return. But yeah, it's a lot of work.

Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many cord do you think you have there?

Looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many cord do you think you have there?
Not sure yet, somewhere between 10-15 I am guessing. Stacks are not measured out for cords just whatever I have laid out to stack on.

Looks great! I have few nice stacked rows like that when I started last fall. That didnt last long. Between me needing to move things around and knocking into it with my bobcat it now just looks like a mountain! I need to teach my son to stack like that so while I split the wood he can neatly put it away :)

VERY NICE!!

Scares me when nice firewood starts to look as appealing to me as a good-looking woman.:eek:

Back