Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had at least a nightly fire. I think we've only been lazy or late coming home that we just left the furnaces handle it.

We've burnt almost a month longer than we have the past four years.

49 was the low last night...had the firepit outside going with sycamore, beautiful night to sit out and relax.

Had 1 day last week that I didn't have the stove going, first one since last Oct. Snow and rain most of the night. Many ponds and lakes just north of me are still ice covered. Some of the sporting camps cut their summers supply of ice, to pack in sawdust, the first of April, and it was 52" thick.

Yep and it's gettin' old. Shouldn't have to be bringin' in firewood in May.

Most nights have been cool and damp. The SheWolf gets chilly and wants her fire. Forecast is low 50s tonight... she'll have a fire going when I get in from work.

I've been picking the last of the old sweetgum from what remains of the stacks. It's all we need for burning this time of year.

We had 31° and 2-inches of new snow on the ground yesterday morning... it's been raining or snowing non-friggin'-stop for 5 friggin' days.
Cold, wet and 25° below our normal temperatures for this time of year... the river is startin' to spill out'a its banks in places and there's mud everywhere.
Yep, still burnin'... in fact, we've had the firebox hot non-friggin'-stop over the last few days.

But it could be worse... I could be living in Minnesota.

As needed -- had about five days it was out, now it's usually lighting it a couple times of day in morning and evening to take the chill/damp out.

But in the last month I've used not more than the amount of wood a I burn in a week during Jan/Feb/Mar

Some years it's as late as the first few days of June I'll light a morning fire. And a couple times I've lit a fire in the morning and was running A/C that evening :eek:

We had 31° and 2-inches of new snow on the ground yesterday morning... it's been raining or snowing non-friggin'-stop for 5 friggin' days.
Cold, wet and 25° below our normal temperatures for this time of year... the river is startin' to spill out'a its banks in places and there's mud everywhere.
Yep, still burnin'... in fact, we've had the firebox hot non-friggin'-stop over the last few days.

But it could be worse... I could be living in Minnesota.
it isnt too bad up this way. but down by the cities the snow just wont quit. ill take this cold and wet crud over the snow anyday

Had 1 36 hour span of no fire that's it. There where times however that the house didn't need heat but the man cave in the basement with the hpwh had to have heat. 2 reasons, 1 to help keep the basement dry, 2 its playoff time go bruins!

Shut my old fireplace down 3-4 weeks ago. I have 2 years worth of split wood drying and looking everyday for more!!!! Can't wait until October !

Ain't stopped burning since the beginning of October. I'm hopin nest week it's going to be on to nightly fires.

I still have my owb going as it has gotten cool again. I'm hoping to shut her down in a week or so. I'm still cutting wood too until the weather gets too hot to do so.

I lit one in the shop, glue sat for 1 day and was still soft in the middle, its so wet here I didn't want the tools to rust up.
Figured a little heat would help.
Chad

Had 1 day last week that I didn't have the stove going, first one since last Oct. Snow and rain most of the night. Many ponds and lakes just north of me are still ice covered. Some of the sporting camps cut their summers supply of ice, to pack in sawdust, the first of April, and it was 52" thick.
This is the first year in my lifetime that I had to weld up an extension for my ice auger.

Did you have a good ice harvest this year? Nothing like having to use tongs to shift a slab to grab a ice cold pint of beer mid august!

Back