Ok guys, who burnt the most thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zogger

Tree Freak
Reaction score
This past winter was a doozy, I think most everyone burnt a lot..so..two categories, regular house heater/stove, etc, or outside big furnace/boiler. Real cords, how much didja burn? Winners receive the cyber King Kool award with chillblain oak leaf clusters.

I'll start, zogger smogger inside dragon, 4.5 cords. Last fire was last week right before the big storms. next guy!

I burned 6 cords in the house (englander nc-30 EPA stove) and about a cord in the shop smoke dragon (Olix airflow). Still burning a little in both. Just lit a fire in the house, going to be in the low 30's the next 3 nights.

I'm at least at 9.5-10 full cords so far with an EPA stove. About 4 cords of junk wood and the rest was hard maple, beech, ironwood, elm and ash. Still burning 24-7 since the daytime temps are only 45* here. On the bright side it's all poplar, white birch, hemlock, balsam, and spruce going in now and the stove doesn't get packed full till bedtime..

2.5 cords in the house, 118 Jotul.

3 cords in the shop, big old box stove and a small Waterford.

3 cords in my parents house, small Waterford.

Hard to say, I started out burnin junk, odds n ends and such, once that was gone I used the 3 cords I had put up under roof for the winter knowing that it likely wouldn't get me to spring and I would hafta resort to pulling off "next years stack". Plus a cord or so of smaller stuff that I burnt in the stove in the living room, like I said, hard to say, 5, maybe 6 cords?

I burned about 3 1/2 in a old upland stove. 2000 Sq ft. Ranch. Cherry, oak, honey locust and a little pine and maple

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Mild winter here, went through just over 2.5 cords, a full 2 less than normal. It hit 80 a few days ago but has really been wet. Peas, spinach, and lettuce are up, tomatoes are in the hoop house and grass is growing like mad.

I burned 8.5 cords in my Fisher papa bear stove installed in the basement of my home. All hardwood. I burned 1 cord out in the garage in a Fisher baby bear stove.

5-6 cords sounds like the magic number in the nc30. I burned just a hair under six in mine. I have just been letting the heat pump take the chill off the past couple of weeks.

I stopped counting but my dad is probably in the 14 cord range. He is heating a house similar in size and construction (old loose farm house) to mine but he is using a big Clayton add on furnace for 100% of his heating. Needless to say I have been trying to talk him into a newer, more efficient heating device.

5 full honest to goodness cords in my EPA stove heating the house only with wood:rock::blob2::clap:maybe a couple of days left of take the chill off fires.

002.JPG 008.JPG cord of wood.jpg This stove, heated this house + cooked our meals, with 7 of those stacks, until the first of March. I stopped counting after that, and we are still burning daily. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun!:D

Pretty much burned all of it. I heat my house to 74 and my 30x40 shop to 60 with a portage and main. Burned all of my logs and almost entire woodshed, 95% red oak. I would say damn close to 20 full 4x4x8 cords. Several months of the temp not getting above zero at all took its toll.

I'm a relative lightweight compared to some of you in that I burned maybe 2 full cords in my open fireplace in the living room. I have a little more than that left for next season that was cut last Spring. I haven't gotten out to cut/gather yet this year as I hurt my back a few weeks ago and will need to go easy for awhile yet.

It's all good though as I cut and split for the shear joy of it and we burn just because we like the experience. That and it feels good knowing we have a backup in case we get that ice storm of the century ourselves and are without power for an extended period.

I burned about 12-13 cords of junk, pure junk. Pine and rotten logs I couldn't sell. Some pieces should have been 25-30 pounds but were only 5-10 pounds type of wood. There was some decent hardwood mixed in here and there but it's all ugly, narly stuff left over from selling 100 cords. This was all burned in a P&M Optimizer 250 OWB - gasser model. Talk about a win win - burn crap you can't sell and heat your house exclusively with it.
Oh and I did burn probably close to 3 cords of decent stuff in the fireplace just because I could.

I am in the same class as Bill,....burned 2-3 cords in the fireplace just for fun. Have maybe 1/8 cord left on the porch. I just stacked my split wood from last Fall (about 2 1/2 cord ) not too long ago. As I just tweaked my back on Friday, it will be awhile before I can get in the woods to skid out my stash of logs to buck up and split.

View attachment 348647 View attachment 348648 View attachment 348654 This stove, heated this house + cooked our meals, with 7 of those stacks, until the first of March. I stopped counting after that, and we are still burning daily. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun!:D

Love the old stoves like that , I remember my grandmother had one in her house when I was really young , don't know what happened to it but wish I could find something similar .

And me a little hard to tell , maybe 5-6 cords in both the house and shop.

Back