Stump grinder ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miller1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A guy down the road has this for sale, don't know what brand but it says it just had a total rebuild, he is asking $5500, anybody know what it is and its that price high?. I need catch him at home and get more info.
apeje5y9.jpg

sery3ana.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I would stay away from something with a Wisconsin engine. They were a good engine back when parts were available.

I googled Vermeer 630B and that looks like the one, would something like this be a money pit? I thought about getting one just to do side jobs and nothing huge. but it was also said to stay away from the Wisconsin engine.

I have had a couple over the years. Sold Tree Service in 2004 and keep a 630B. Nice machine for small and medium stumps. Could haul it into back yards with my riding tractor. Good engine, no problem getting parts. That is a fair price. Good Luck

A guy down the road has this for sale, don't know what brand but it says it just had a total rebuild, he is asking $5500, anybody know what it is and its that price high?. I need catch him at home and get more info.
apeje5y9.jpg

sery3ana.jpg

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
It is a 630B Vermeer

My 630B would go through a 36" gate. Just turn tires in. Very simple to do. Used ones up our way go around $2,500.

You could buy a Vermeer 252 for that. Easy. Small potatoes these days but it'll get you started if that’s all you got and you’ve want to grind stumps. I run one.

Course I’d take a 85hp $85,000 machine for free, but I like my 252 I paid 7 for not too long ago. I’ve seen them go for less recently. Get a bench grinder and a drill press and go GreenTeeth if you do.

Back