• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl large mount bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I've got too many large mount stihl bars laying around and another on the way. I have 2 36". An oregon 3 rivet tip and a general 3 rivet tip. The oregon is without a tip for now so I can set it up whichever way you would want 3/8" or .404". The general bar is .404" right now with a good tip. I also have a 41" stihl ES bar with .404" tip that's in good condition. I do have a 3/8" tip I can put on the 41" if you want to pay for the tip. I have a 48" stihl ES that I would trade towards a 60" if someone has one. The 48" has a 3/8" tip right now and I have the .404" that was on it. I'll get pictures shortly of all of them. I would like $100 shipped for either of the 36". 41" I would like $140 shipped for it and one chain. 48" is trade only for a longer bar than it. I need to keep it unless I can find a longer bar cheap enough.

What kind of shape is that General in? I may be interested depending on how heavily it's been used.

The general is nice shape. There is a marking from weyco camp number scratched on it.

Bump to the top. Got a 36" Oregon left with your choice of tip. I got a new light weight tsumura here to use on it and don't need the others in the way.

I'll take the 36" Oregon with a 3/8 tip in it. What gauge is it ? Chain for it too ?

.063" I might be able to come up with a chain. I've got to make a 60" loop up out of my roll and I don't know if they'll be any left.

Last bump before I put a tip on it and use the 36" oregon.

I've got too many large mount stihl bars laying around and another on the way. I have 2 36". An oregon 3 rivet tip and a general 3 rivet tip. The oregon is without a tip for now so I can set it up whichever way you would want 3/8" or .404". The general bar is .404" right now with a good tip. I also have a 41" stihl ES bar with .404" tip that's in good condition. I do have a 3/8" tip I can put on the 41" if you want to pay for the tip. I have a 48" stihl ES that I would trade towards a 60" if someone has one. The 48" has a 3/8" tip right now and I have the .404" that was on it. I'll get pictures shortly of all of them. I would like $100 shipped for either of the 36". 41" I would like $140 shipped for it and one chain. 48" is trade only for a longer bar than it. I need to keep it unless I can find a longer bar cheap enough.
Do you still have the 48" bar and are you still looking for a 60" milling bar? Bob R

I don't have the 48" any more. I sold it and have a 60" on the way. What kind of 60" do you have?

A month back maybe. A guy wanted both the 41" and 48" and I had found a 60" so I let them go.

A month back maybe. A guy wanted both the 41" and 48" and I had found a 60" so I let them go.
I must have missed your post about selling the 48", otherwise I would not have wasted our time corresponding about buying it. I just bought a 60" bar off flea bay. It is a Stihl Duromatic E, hard nose, with helper handle. Almost all of the paint is still on it, the groove shows no noticeable wear and the chain is like new. The helper handle can be removed and the bar can be used as a one man saw. Glad you found a 60". I guess you are going to mill with it!? I have a Granberg 48" chainsaw mill but the bar is not made to be used without the helper handle. I want to find a 48" that I can use by myself on my Stihl 090. Happy sawing! Bob

Latest posts

Back