Loader Bucket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D&B Mack

Sawin Wit It!
Reaction score
Looking for a loader bucket for firewood, one that won't load all the junk too. (We have a stoned yard)

This would be a 2-2.5 CY bucket for a wheel loader. I looked at the rock spline (skeleton) buckets, but they want 10k for one of those. That seems fine, but most of that money is in making it HD for the rock. We don't need that. Wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer that will make a LD one, kind of like the one for skid steers.

Thanks.

Krum Kreations
815-772-8296
cell #815-275-2259
Name is "Mark"
He'll make anything loader attached.HPIM5039.JPG IMG_3538-s.jpg
Here are a couple of examples. I don't know pricing or anything else. Just passing info on the quality and capabilities.

I know Jeff personally and he is a very stand up guy. Very high quality work. I'm sure he can adapt something like this to meet your needs or build to fit.

WATCH IT WORK AND PURCHASE ONLINE AT http://www.metzproseries.com
AND WE WILL SHIP TO YOUR DOOR!!

We welcome Questions M - F 7:30 - 4:30 , Call show contact info

Multiple Task Performance:
-Grub Trees and Brush
-Pull both steel T and wooden fence posts
-Dig sod and remove root systems
-Rake and prepare seed beds
-Concrete slab removal
-Building demolition
-Salvage yard product movement

+Industry leading CNC Plasma cut ¾" x 3" Tines spaced 10" apart, featuring High Chrome wear resistant tips.
+"No Twist" 3" x 4" x ¼" rectangular tubing main frame.
+(2) Independent Grapples featuring (4) post and tree "Grip and Pull" Jaws.
+(2) "Welded Tube" 2" x 8" Hydraulic cylinders, featuring 1 ¼" Heavy Duty Rams with Fitting Guards.
+Universal Skid Steer Mounting Plate, Factory reinforced at all stress points
+Massive 30" grapple opening.
+Hydraulic hoses securely mounted with additional abrasion resistant sleeves.
+Flush Face Skid Steer coupling included and installed.
+All hinge points incorporate protected grease fittings.
+Completely factory assembled and ready for use.

WATCH IT WORK AND PURCHASE ONLINE AT http://www.metzproseries.com
AND WE WILL SHIP TO YOUR DOOR!!

Metz Welding Inc.
Metz Pro Series
Skid Steer Grapple Bucket - $3548 (Gratiot, WI)
00i0i_50yd8Vp3T38_600x450.jpg

If it's to be used mainly for scooping up split wood, I would also want sides on the bucket & probably not have a grapple on it.

To pick up logs & brush, I use a set of 46" long forks with a grapple & this combination works great.

If you really want clean wood how about something of this nature?

http://www.roborockpicker.com/product.php

Make the basket sides square(or d shaped) and put a cutting edge on one of the sides. Pick up wood, rotate for a min the dump.

Even better buy or fab one of these.
http://www.cord-master.com/products/additional-products/tumble-king-debris-tumbler/

Simple to fab up if you have a buzz box. Keep your standard bucket on the loader, put a shoot/hopper on the top end to dump into and park the truck under the lower end.

That roborock picker would be great for loading wood and separating the crap from the good stuff.

Tumbler wouldn't work, it has already been discussed. The area the piles are in are not clean either, so we are always scraping junk up with it. And the area is too large to pave or pour a slab at this point. I wouldn't even want to see the cost of a tumbler for our loader.

Ok , couldn't find the tumbler discussion but any way. How about just a grate at a 45 degree angle with sides and slightly wider than your current bucket. The grate would be on raised legs. Park truck under lower end and dump wood on top end. The little gravel pits around here use one to keep the big rocks sorted out of the gravel dug out from the hillside. You would be doing the opposite.

I just don't think you would be really happy with a bucket like your talking about. My experience with such buckets cleaning brush, scrub, and fence rows is they are wonderful but still don't clean things enough in my opinion to sell(all the dirt doesn't fall out). And then unless your loader is actually an integrated tool carrier it sucks to switch back to the standard bucket.

here's what i use for all my wood haulin. most of the sawdust and loose bark fall right through.paid around $7-800 for it. it has the quick-tach on it for easy removal.woodbucket 1.jpg
i'll double check but i think it's made by loflin. i bought mine in shippensburg pa. i'll see if i can get more info for you.

Ok , couldn't find the tumbler discussion but any way. How about just a grate at a 45 degree angle with sides and slightly wider than your current bucket. The grate would be on raised legs. Park truck under lower end and dump wood on top end. The little gravel pits around here use one to keep the big rocks sorted out of the gravel dug out from the hillside. You would be doing the opposite.

I just don't think you would be really happy with a bucket like your talking about. My experience with such buckets cleaning brush, scrub, and fence rows is they are wonderful but still don't clean things enough in my opinion to sell(all the dirt doesn't fall out). And then unless your loader is actually an integrated tool carrier it sucks to switch back to the standard bucket.

Tumbler.....

Back