Are you still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night was the first night without a fire and it was 64 inside this morning. Hopefully this will be the trend from now on.

Been up at my cabin the last 3 weekends, had to burn every night. Last Friday it went down to -1 C. Hopefully wont have to this weekend, supposed to stay aroun 8 C during the night.

Does the BBQ or smoker count?
Other than that I quit until the fall , been a long run this past season and I have had enough!

It has been in the high 40's all day today and light rain on and off. Was getting cool in the house so I did it.... I lit a fire. Nice and toasty now!

I think I am done. Had several weeks now of 70's and even a couple of days in the 80's, so it should only get warmer from here. Probably get hot now and then lots of humidity to go along with it, and then i will have that to complain about.
Honestly, though, I can deal with the cooler stuff better than lots of heat. I look forward to the burning seasons.

I wish I didn't let the OWB go out - last night it was 61* inside and 41* outside...Had to burn some oil to take the chill off. Ugh.

Looks like I'll be lighting a quick fire or two...49º right now, and a low of 44º tonight. Which is good, got the stove loaded with cardboard and wood scraps I've been waiting to burn :D

It's usually around 6/1 when I have my last fire, but like this year there's often ten days, two weeks between fires. Don't think I've burned in three weeks.

I will be lighting the furnace in about an hour. Been in the 40's for the past 24 hrs house is 60* and it's going to stay in the 40's for the next 18 hrs. I thought I was done bringing in wood about 20 wheel barrels full ago.

Back