Anyone Know Anything About Lawn Boy Lawnmowers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a Lawnboy 2 stroke last year at a garage sale. $22. Guy said it would only run wide open. Got it home and discovered why. Air vane for the governor was jammed up underneath the shroud. Fixed that and runs like a champ now. Wish I had 4 or 5 more, just because I can. :clap:

I picked up a Lawnboy 2 stroke last year at a garage sale. $22. Guy said it would only run wide open. Got it home and discovered why. Air vane for the governor was jammed up underneath the shroud. Fixed that and runs like a champ now. Wish I had 4 or 5 more, just because I can. :clap:
They make a aluminium deck one for commercial uses but i don't think somebody could pick one up for 22 dollars. Great find on yours.

"Wish I had 4 or 5 more, just because I can. ":clap:

My FIL has half a dozen or so, cuts his grass with a rider. I think it's a disorder...
My dad has one that has the "Iron Horse" engine on it. As far as I know it still runs but the govenor no longer works. Got it wired to a fixed speed but is still works well. He bought it in the early sixties in Florida.

Anyone happen to have a coil for a 79' model 7229. I pulled this one out of the shed after many years.

Anyone happen to have a coil for a 79' model 7229. I pulled this one out of the shed after many years.

Is that an F series? white or black/gray coil? One is closed the other open. . Not sure if they're hot, I am not smart enough to resistance test, but I will mail it if there is a chance it works. I have one of each. Not sure the year of the white one, the dark one is off a mid 80's 8243. At least the price is right...nuthin. pm me an address and color.

regards,
Chris

Who knew we had so many closet mower guys in here. :popcorn:
No kidding! I've had a couple of them myself. My last one went to my inlaws. It always surged badly. I just re-jetted it for my FIL last summer and he said it's never run better! My brother has two of them. We built one of them summer before last.

No kidding! I've had a couple of them myself. My last one went to my inlaws. It always surged badly. I just re-jetted it for my FIL last summer and he said it's never run better! My brother has two of them. We built one of them summer before last.
Every chainsaw guy or gal should have a lawn boy or two. They are a real simple design and if it wasn't that stinking reed valve repairing them would be a snap. Best push mower I have every owned.:)

[QUOTthat's arti, post: 4842780, member: 32384"]Is that an F series? white or black/gray coil? One is closed the other open. . Not sure if they're hot, I am not smart enough to resistance test, but I will mail it if there is a chance it works. I have one of each. Not sure the year of the white one, the dark one is off a mid 80's 8243. At least the price is right...nuthin. pm me an address and color.

regards,
Chris[/QUOTE]

Wow thats very generous. Its 1979 white coil. The switch is closed on this one. I will send you a pm thanks.

I've noticed a chainsaw guy can tune a 4-stroke to sing it's best, where as a mower only guy is happy if a chainsaw will start.

the 6.5 is bad about surging a simple drill bit to slightly in large the jet works wonders. my old lawnboy F140 4 hp from 1979 has plenty of power to spare but jeez parts are getting hard to find for it. light weight and mine is the self propelled 21 aluminum deck.

Latest posts

Back