• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 031AV, 041

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsd

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone interested in 3 complete 031av's, and 3 parts 031av. 2-041's, complete. and a 440 90% complete.
all powerhead only. rather sell the whole lot. can send pics if needed

OK! It makes sense now, anyone that wants to know if " there is any interest in " 3 complete 031av's, and 3 parts 031av. 2-041's, complete. and a 440 90% complete must have a few loose cutters in his chain and still trying to cut railroad ties. That being said I would guess that he was picked up by the internet police and is being re-booted at this time.

The same day this was posted I bought 7-031av's, 2-041av's, an 032av, and an 044 from a guy that had a very similar post on craigslist. He also said the 044 was 90% complete not sure where he went to school but his 90% and my 90% are no where near the same I'd say more like 70% at most, good saw to build either way but no where near 90%. That's why I posted wanting location when I saw this post wanted to see if it was the same guy. I bought the lot for $350. I'm still curious to know if its the same guy so I guess we'll see.

The same day this was posted I bought 7-031av's, 2-041av's, an 032av, and an 044 from a guy that had a very similar post on craigslist. He also said the 044 was 90% complete not sure where he went to school but his 90% and my 90% are no where near the same I'd say more like 70% at most, good saw to build either way but no where near 90%. That's why I posted wanting location when I saw this post wanted to see if it was the same guy. I bought the lot for $350. I'm still curious to know if its the same guy so I guess we'll see.

Would you want an 8th 031av?

They definitely are strong running saws for their size. I was definitely impressed with the performance of the 031av with a 20" bar. What's wrong with the one you have? Of the seven I bought I got four running and 3 for parts.

I have one that needs a recoil spring and-and that I haven't paid any attention to, now I'm starting to thnik about putting it together?:oops: Never worked on one.

I honestly didn't expect it to have a lot of power but its not bad at all for 48cc. Definitely worth fixing. Plus if all it needs is a recoil spring that's easy enough. They are mean sounding chainsaws.

Latest posts

Back