Best fuel can?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well now that i have these cans i can see it has molded into the plastic. " not intended for refueling on-road motor vehicles" hence yr problem.;)

Thats what i was talking about.. I know it's molded in. Some said it's the best compared to a conventional flex tube without a cap & have no issues or hassle refilling cars/trucks. I don't see how they go about it with the extension/ flap/cap & not have it get in the way was what my question was..

Now.. As far as the mystery auto-stop feature some say they have & other say they don't.. I can't get it to work on my can. Maybe it's older, newer or modified. I vented it, then stuck it all the way into a 372 today & pressed the button ( almost to the bottom of the tank). Not wanting to interrupt the stop cycle or what ever vent function stops the flow I kept the button depressed. It just came overflowing out @3gph. I understand this ain't rocket science or anything but I don't know what the deal us with mine. & no I'm not purposely making it mess up to support my negative previous position on these CARB/EPA cans. I want it to work, it seems useful for those who can't use a real can (ex. new guys). I really haven't looked into the nozzle on it as it's full right now but the one I'm using must have been messed with as I got it used & it just ain't stopping. Originally, I had thought maybe the nozzle was to big for the small top handle echo hole & not letting the vent function work as the nozzle was tight in the hole.. But now that I've used it on a 372 I know it can't be the case. Well with this one anyways.

Now.. As far as the mystery auto-stop feature some say they have & other say they don't.. I can't get it to work on my can. Maybe it's older, newer or modified. I vented it, then stuck it all the way into a 372 today & pressed the button ( almost to the bottom of the tank). Not wanting to interrupt the stop cycle or what ever vent function stops the flow I kept the button depressed. It just came overflowing out @3gph.

I hope you have better luck with this post than I did - I had the exact same experience, but according to some on here, I am too stupid to pour gasoline.

I have a theory on this after watching the company video carefully. If you watch the video, Jill is very careful to produce a nice laminar flow in her simulated tanks when she demonstrates filling them. In my experience, the high pour rate of a fully depressed fill-button causes turbulent flow in some small tanks when filling. The turbulence contains enough air to not allow the can vent auto-stop to work. I think the solution is to (as some have said here) feather the fill-button and not allow the full 3 GPM flow when filling small tanks.

I hope you have better luck with this post than I did - I had the exact same experience, but according to some on here, I am too stupid to pour gasoline.

I have a theory on this after watching the company video carefully. If you watch the video, Jill is very careful to produce a nice laminar flow in her simulated tanks when she demonstrates filling them. In my experience, the high pour rate of a fully depressed fill-button causes turbulent flow in some small tanks when filling. The turbulence contains enough air to not allow the can vent auto-stop to work. I think the solution is to (as some have said here) feather the fill-button and not allow the full 3 GPM flow when filling small tanks.
Yes, and I do not jam the nozzle in the tank, push the button and wait for auto fill/stop. I fill the tank like I would with a old fashion can, put the nozzle to the tank at about a 45 deg angle and press the button enough for the flow rate I want. Never spill a drop...

I wonder if the auto stop featured was something introduced recently, as in a new feature.. I've tired all sorts of angles with this puppy & haven't got anything close to an auto stop feature.

Latest posts

Back