More Cedar Milling Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duuude, really nice job on the fence! Fences like that(different) always catch my eye, sometimes causing me to run off the road:( ( i used to build fences and decks as a side job for years). As far as time vs cost, some of us have or will have the time and the trees, so it is a no brainer to do it yourself. I know skidding out enough trees for 220 house logs is going to take alot of time and sweat, but the end result will be most satisfying.
Besides when you step back and admire your own work the cold beer tasts that much better:rock:

RD

MotorSeven said:
Duuude, really nice job on the fence! Fences like that(different) always catch my eye, sometimes causing me to run off the road:( ( i used to build fences and decks as a side job for years). As far as time vs cost, some of us have or will have the time and the trees, so it is a no brainer to do it yourself. I know skidding out enough trees for 220 house logs is going to take alot of time and sweat, but the end result will be most satisfying.
Besides when you step back and admire your own work the cold beer tasts that much better:rock:

RD

Like this one?

DSC02273.jpg

This has been a family project for the past five years. The next time I go out to the ranch I'll take some current pics. Probably 80%+- of the wood that went into this was milled by us from logs that would have been otherwise burnt.

And yes, the cold beer does taste that much better! :cheers:

coveredinsap said:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. And that's a beautiful log cabin ...er, house.

Thanks, the design started out as a one story cabin with a loft but, as you can see, the loft kinda grew. I guess we forgot to stop stacking logs.:D

Aggie,
Yep..that is exactly what i'm talking about. Is it all cedar? Looks fantastic:rock:
RD

Hats Off To The Gentlemen that’s some Might-T-Fine work!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Great post Sap. Well done and Excellent work and an exceptionally beautiful fence. (A thing of beauty is a work of art forever.)

Aggie, if you would be so kind to make up a post with pictures and specs of what you have done and what you used, I would be much obliged.

I need some ammunition to convince the better half that the eastern red cedar on our place would look pretty slick fit up like your place (even though yours is SYP and it kinda makes me wish I had some on my place).

That one picture of yours is enough to convince me to invest in a mill. So I’ll say it again, a thing of beauty is a work of art forever.

My hat is off to you both – Aggie, you’ve built my dream place and Sap has built a damn fine fence freehand that anyone should be proud to have.

Best,

- David

“Run Forrest Run”

Latest posts

Back