Baraboo Wisconsin old saw demonstration Badger Steam and Gas show 2014

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This years dates are August 15,16,17 2014. Very much the same as in the past. The big "demonstration" will start at noon on Saturday the 16th. No charge to run your saws. We will be there all 3 days to cut wood and BS. Entrance into the grounds is free if you bring equipment to display. Use the exhibitor gate. Entry fee is $6 for spectators. Here is a link to the show website for directions and other info.
http://www.badgersteamandgas.com/
The feature of this years show is Rumley tractors and hot air engines.
Here are the chainsaw classes:
Antique 2-man, Antique geardrive 5cu and under, antique geardrive 5 cu and over, vintage direct 5cu and under, vintage direct 5cu and up, vintage 40cc and under "mini mac and others", vintage hotsaw. We use 1979 as the limit for vintage, so if the saw began production in 1979, but was actually produced in 1981, it still qualifies. The antiques are a little vague. The 2 man saws have been saws such as Mac 7-55, Mall 7, Disston. We don't want an 090 with a double ended bar competing in this class. There have been 090G's in the geardrive class. Vintage hotsaws have been with Mac or West Bend kart powered. We will have 10X10 cants for the direct drive saws. The geardrives will cut a round log about 15". The 2-man saws will be cutting something around 20".
PM me with any saw related questions.
Scott

Wow, this looks really cool and it's in my area! I'm definitely planning on attending. Looks like there will be a few Mac guys there too!
How big is the swap meet? Is there usually a lot of saws for sale?
Thanks,
Eric

Let's all hope the weather is as nice as it has been in the past. I am not sure what I will be able to bring this year as my vehicle has changed

I have a chain spliced together for the 4 foot bar on my Von Ruden hydraulic saw. Part of the original chain must have been in damp dirt and a 1 foot section was in bad shape. I have a brand new 16" loop of Draper blue jet 9/16 chain that is the correct pitch too, and I have 2 Mall repair kits that were also a match. How lucky, and they all went together just fine. Might get to run it tomorrow, and it will be at the Baraboo show in the antique 2-man class.
IMG_0654_zps4a81cc7b.jpg

IMG_0655_zpsf572849a.jpg

IMG_0652_zps11a049bc.jpg

I was going to get a mall 6 running and bring it down but I don't think I will get time. I should just bring all three and sell them. Always seems like other projects come first.

I too am struggling to find nice chain... but new member to the family may be at Scotts event...')
I have the two brothers to that saw. Each have chains. I know that there is a drawer at grandpa's that has mall chain parts in it, I should take a peak inside next time I'm there.

I posted this over in the McCulloch thread earlier, put new rings in the MAC 40 and wow, what a difference. I had to add a step to hold it down while starting since I didn't want to have to tear it down again to add a compression release. I will hopefully have the 101 saw piped and working by then as well.

DSC05548.JPG

DSC05543.JPG

Mark

I have the two brothers to that saw. Each have chains. I know that there is a drawer at grandpa's that has mall chain parts in it, I should take a peak inside next time I'm there.

What are the two brothers? I am very interested but it looks like Steve is bringing Wisconsin cash so he gets them just wondering what models you have

I too am struggling to find nice chain... but this new member to the family may be at Scotts event...')
Nice model 6 Steve, looking forward to seeing you there. You could use the bar and chain from my model 7, I'm not running it this year.
Scott

I posted this over in the McCulloch thread earlier, put new rings in the MAC 40 and wow, what a difference. I had to add a step to hold it down while starting since I didn't want to have to tear it down again to add a compression release. I will hopefully have the 101 saw piped and working by then as well.

View attachment 362021

View attachment 362022

Mark
I thought the 40 ran pretty good last year.
Scott

I will make sure I bring cash:)
Steve
What are the two brothers? I am very interested but it looks like Steve is bringing Wisconsin cash so he gets them just wondering what models you have
I have two 6's. One has spark and compression, need to try to get it going. One is tight. Have a 7 that is tight. Pm me if I should seriously bring them to baraboo.

Just got the crank bearings and seals to put my mc92 back together. Will be assembling it tomorrow.

Back