Light truck tires 265/75/16

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1997 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins diesel engine. It weighs 7400 pounds with me in it. The truc ha d

I bought a set of BF Goodrich Commercial Traction tires from Costco. They lasted ~25,000 miles. Never again will I buy them.

I have a set of Michelin LXT A/T2 tires on the truck now. AFter only 3,000 miles they seem to be wearing better than the BF Goodrich set. I am due for a rotation.

I get Load Range E tires. I hope this helps.

245 75 16 Hercules tera trac tires load range E Ive got about 2000 mi on them I love em On a 04 chevy 2wd 2500 4dr they have been great load tehm down with a trailer. went great in the rain didn't walk etc I will be buying another set when this one wheres out

I have a set General Grabber AT2s on my Jeep. They're a great tire for everything. No road noise at all. They are awesome in snow, ice, and snow packed roads. I can get around in snow in 2wd where I had to have 4wd with my old mud tires. They're great in mud too and clean out well. It'd definitely buy another set.

I have these on my 2500 suburban and my 1500 GMC. I like them. Good traction, nice stability, 8 ply, not loud, they seem to wear well. I have 10,000 on my suburban tires and they look new, with lots of towing miles.

I have a set of BFG all terrains in that size with half tread that I'd trade for one of your infinite 550's ;)

I do like a lot of what Cooper has out right now, but if you aren't going out in the too muddy areas, I absolutely swear by Michelin LTX tires. They aren't cheap, but I put almost 100k on a set on my wife's Toyota Highlander, and they still had 40-50% tread.

They were good in mud and snow, within the limits of that particular vehicle, and handling and stability were excellent.

I also worked with someone who put them on his GMC 2500 diesel, and he never had a problem with them, and also got close to 100k miles on a set. If you take the price of 2 sets of BFG's, vs. one set of Michel

Well worth the extra $$ up front in my opinion. Cry once and get it over with, instead of crying 2-3 times and having to hassle with shopping and buying tires again.

Only tire I'll put on my trucks. Great traction and r-e-a-l-l-y long tread life.

They don't hold up on a heavy diesel when hauling a lot. Less than 30k miles for them is not worth it. I had the rugged trail bfg go almost 50k on my ram 3500. I got a set of Firestone at on it now and have 23.5k on it and the tread is over half gone. I have hauled a lot of heavy loads in the dump trailer.

579645ef-401a-4c7e-a0d7-17068eb6cefb.jpg

what is a bias ply tire? Some of us that aren't old fogies want to know.

Mastercraft makes a really good tire. I have the courser at2 on my f150. I think they are made by cooper but a little less expensive.
+1 on the Cooper Mastercraft. I have the Courser STR on my wife's Jeep Liberty and they are a fine tire. I have the Cooper Discoverer CTS on my Toyota Tundra. They handle wood loads well, and ride nice on highway drives.

Cooper Tires - Made in USA

I have a friend who also got nearly 100k on a set of ltx with tread to spare. I ended up finding a set of new Hankook Dynapro ATM in 265/76/16 on craigslist. I plan on having a front end alignment done first as the bridgestones are wearing a bit funny.

On a side note I also tried the BFG commerical tires on a yukon and was only able to get around 20k before some severe issues arouse. Bj's blamed the vehicle, ended up getting some all terrains prorated and ran those for nearly 50k without issue.

Well, yeah... way before sliced bread... way, way, way before.
If you're lookin' for pure traction, you want side lug traction bias ply tires... anything else is a compromise.
Of road, I'll drive around any of your radials, and that's a promise... mud, snow, or whatnot.

But... admittedly... they suck on dry pavement.

Cooper at3 on 01 f250 powerstroke Ride, drive, and handle nice but 10k miles out of a tire rated for 55k. Mickey Thompson mtz lasted about the same mileage and I could actually go somewhere when I got off the paved roads. Since I only got 10k miles out of the at3's and as soon as I hit dirt I had to lock it in I switched back to MT tires. Kenda klever just installed last week. Bias ply tractions were the best off road tire I have ever bought and I've ran dozens of different mud tires. If you can afford them pro comp x terrains were the longest lasting mt tire for me. 35k out of a set of 35" tires on a 95 f150 and they still have plenty of tread left on them for summertime driving. Uniroyal tigerpaws on a Chevy tracker 4wd made it almost to a 100k but wet grass was a challenge for them

I have Falken Wild Peak A/T LT245/75/R16 tires on my 4x4 Ranger. I think they handle rough terrain great and I've used them on all types of surfaces in the West. Around $800 a set I think. They show hardly any wear yet after about 20K miles. Quiet too and a tough E rated. Goodyear Duratracs are also good tires but are kinda noisy and wear somewhat fast on pavement. Great if you drive on gravel a lot though. I've used BFG AT and Commercials and wasn't impressed due to the fast wear. I've heard good things about the Cooper AT3 tires and considered them when I was shopping but I got a better price on the Falkens. I've used the Michelin LTX on a work truck and thought they sucked off-pavement.

I'm on my third set of Cooper Discoverers on my Tahoe. I commute 250 miles per week. The first two sets each went 50k miles, neither were rotated- ever. My alignment stayed straight. The mechanic putting them on last said here you go, bring them in every other oil change and I'll rotate them. I told him I wouldn;t be doing so unless they show uneven wear. He couldn't believe I had never rotated them and went to the discard pile and examined them, admitted he couldn't tell front from back. Surprised, but didnt argue why I should....

I have them on two four runners of wife and son and my protege has them on his Tacoma.

Latest posts

Back