Dirty Hand Tools 22 Ton on sale at Lowes this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine started, but only had time to split a few logs.

Started up, and ran great, no leakes. I really like the spring loaded pin on the jack...so much easier then trying to line up the holes on that stupid foot thing the other MFGs use. The same spring pin setup on I-Beam works great too.

I initially didn't understand why this was more then other units, but I can see why. Even at full price, the extra features would make it worth it....but we all got it cheap, so lucky!

Thanks for the great deal.....now we need that 4-way to go on sale!!!!

Pick one up Yesterday evening. I went in with my Brother on getting one, were both very happy with it so far. We split about a cord last night with no problems. It starts easy, runs very quiet. Not picking at it because we Love it and hope future splitters will be even better. Things i noticed, Vent cap for the Hydraulic Tank could be easily hit with wood. The control handle could stand to be smoother in working. As for speed it splits fast than we want to work!!!! Great Job

"It splits faster than we want to work" True that.

Handle options..... has anyone considered a handle mod to accommodate a 6'6" operator? Ideas for same?

I was able to run mine for about 90 minutes Saturday. I failed to check all the fittings after assemble at Lowes, and found 2 leaks after running it for 5 minutes. One was a hose connection which stopped when I tightened it, and the other leak was coming from the hydraulic oil filter which needed tightened another 1/2 turn. So far I'm very happy with the splitter, it seems to be made very well. My only complaint is that I don't care for the location of the hydraulic oil filter. It's located right where I want to put my right foot, and several times while using the splitter I found my bare leg brushing up against the hot filter!

Pick one up Yesterday evening. I went in with my Brother on getting one, were both very happy with it so far. We split about a cord last night with no problems. It starts easy, runs very quiet. Not picking at it because we Love it and hope future splitters will be even better. Things i noticed, Vent cap for the Hydraulic Tank could be easily hit with wood. The control handle could stand to be smoother in working. As for speed it splits fast than we want to work!!!! Great Job

I noticed some control handle stickiness as well at first. It has since smoothed out quite a bit after splitting around 4 cords.

Thanks for the purchase
"It splits faster than we want to work" True that.

Handle options..... has anyone considered a handle mod to accommodate a 6'6" operator? Ideas for same?

There is a "tall boy" option. You can bolt on 20" OD diameter wheels which will raise the beam assembly up 2". (normal 4 bolt trailer wheels) Move the (4) pivot bracket bolts to the 'forward' 4 holes and the beam will still sit flat in the vertical position. No adjustment needed for the beam latch because it is slotted 2". Bolt on a tongue jack from our 28/35 ton to keep the tongue level and you have a splitter perfect for the NBA crowd. We'll have some of these 'direct' replacement wheels available as an option later this year you can order from our website. Improves towing as well, but makes the work area a little more crowded. Can be a good trade off for some.

Not to rub it in....but if you purchase the log catcher, it helps protect the engine and the vent cap plus it is a back saver.

Got everything hooked up, filled up and primed. Went to my pile of nasties and the splitter worked great going through all the knotty pieces. Very nice unit. Everything was going great until I turned over a piece on the ground and disturbed a hornets nest. I decided that was enough for today.

As part of sponsorship here. Members of AS should be able to buy direct from DHT and get the non stripped down unit. For the same price or less of course ;) Great sales idea, loaded unit, at a great price, to the people that babble on the internet that there unit is the best, bar none.

As part of sponsorship here. Members of AS should be able to buy direct from DHT and get the non stripped down unit. For the same price or less of course ;) Great sales idea, loaded unit, at a great price, to the people that babble on the internet that there unit is the best, bar none.

The Lowes special did just that. You decide if the log catcher is important to you or not. I have a feeling that having to pay freight on a log splitter would negate any "direct from DHT discounts" that would have been offered. Plus, the brand will be much stronger when they support Lowes. I know that I have tried to sell three friends this past weekend that they should dump their old splitter and head to Lowes.

I just got mine today. After comparing everything including price this is a nice value. No leaks and the assembler at Lowes used some type of white stuff on all the fitting/connections. I didn't take the time to look closely to see what but the point is no leaks.

This is the first product I've ever purchased that didn't come with oil. None in the crankcase, no quart to fill it with either. Just a tag on the fuel cap reminding you that there is no oil in the engine. Strange.

Will definitely get the side shelf to protect the oil cap and engine.

Very well made machine. Would buy it again.

Latest posts

Back