Dirty Hand Tools 22 Ton on sale at Lowes this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We split the stuff that was leftover from the smaller splitter last year. If the only thing that you split is the huge uglies, maybe a bigger one would be better. But it's going to be slower and this unit split every single piece we were ble to manhandle under its wedge.

What size machine do you have? A good friend is looking to buy one right now, he was thinking the 22 ton, is that going to split the big knotted stuff well ?

I got the 22ton. Split some knotty black cherry and white oak. Never hesitated. For a homeowner this is a great unit. I go through 4-6 cords a season. This size unit is perfect for me. I don't get into the really big nasty stuff, mainly 12-24" diameter material. Even if its not on sale, you can get a 10% online coupon form lowes.

I got the 22ton. Split some knotty black cherry and white oak. Never hesitated. For a homeowner this is a great unit. I go through 4-6 cords a season. This size unit is perfect for me. I don't get into the really big nasty stuff, mainly 12-24" diameter material. Even if its not on sale, you can get a 10% online coupon form lowes.
Thanks for the 10 percent online coupon idea. Does the axle and filter get in the way of your legs when working horizontal it looks cramped?

Brought mine home from Lowe's last night. Got the sale price plus another 10% military discount. Sad to say I haven't even had a chance to start it yet!
20140903_193926_zpswbea8hcp.jpg

Don't forget to put oil in it if needed. Mine didn't have a drop.

Used it for the second time today and still very pleased. Put some very large, over 20" blocks with limbs that came off of the block, or knots, and blew right through them. I'm impressed so far. Now for a side table or shelf to protect the engine and breather.

Caroline at DH has returned my calls today three times from customer service. We are playing phone tag but that sure is a good feeling to know they are there if you need them. (for accessories)

Maybe DHT can chime in here...I went looking for the Log Catcher on Lowes website with no luck.

DHT said that it should be built into Lowes site within the next week or so. I would imagine that it's more important to us than it is to a behemoth like Lowes.

Thanks for the 10 percent online coupon idea. Does the axle and filter get in the way of your legs when working horizontal it looks cramped?

Its not too bad. I do most my splitting in the vertical position. I like to sit and take my time. My back doesn't tolerate the standing and bending like it used to.

I stand on the side opposite of the filter without issue (I'm 6'2"). I can't stress how useful the log table is although I might add some skateboard tape to it to help keep logs from sliding off under vibration.

Maybe DHT can chime in here...I went looking for the Log Catcher on Lowes website with no luck.

All of the information is submitted to Lowe's to get the log catcher on their site. It just takes some time to work through their system. In the mean time you can call our customer service line and order one directly, they are in stock. Also you will be able to order parts and accessories on our website here:

http://www.dirtyhandtools.com/Online Store Page.html

Still working out the details on the order forms but we are making progress.

Thanks again everyone for the purchases. If you get a chance give us a positive review on the Lowe's website! Every little bit helps!

Regards,
DHT

All of the information is submitted to Lowe's to get the log catcher on their site. It just takes some time to work through their system. In the mean time you can call our customer service line and order one directly, they are in stock. Also you will be able to order parts and accessories on our website here:

http://www.dirtyhandtools.com/Online Store Page.html

Still working out the details on the order forms but we are making progress.

Thanks again everyone for the purchases. If you get a chance give us a positive review on the Lowe's website! Every little bit helps!

Regards,
DHT

I like the lay out of the accessories on your website. For us older folk, a plain white background behind the text would maybe make life easier. Your accessory prices seem almost too low to be worth fooling with (on your end). Maybe keep the 4way and catcher prices low but it will take customer service to fulfill the parts orders and CS costs a company money. When I need a part, I'll pay $10 for a fitting if it gets shipped quick and I don't have to drive all over town looking for it. It just seems like it would be more sustainable for you if it was profitable. People will talk more about prompt service than they will "parts are cheap".

There is a fresh review from western Maryland. I docked it only one star for log catcher but more so because an item with a dozen perfect reviews sounds almost too good to be true.

Thanks for a fine splitter!

Last Thursday I called DH and got a recording. Left a message concerning the need to purchase the four way splitting head and the log table. DH returned my call, which I missed and two more calls Friday! Great customer service. I spoke with Carolyn and she took care of everything perfectly. Big Brown will drop them off this coming Wednesday to my door.

5 Stars to DH!

DHT are you listening? I finally got to try out my 22ton splitter I got from Lowe's. First there was not motor oil in it even though it was fully assembled. I filled the engine with oil and as soon as I worked the hydraulic lever, hydraulic oil spewed from almost every fitting leaving a nice puddle of oil on my newly emaciated driveway not to mention the splashing I received. I realize that this was probably the goons at Lowe's doing a piss poor job but it reflects badly on you. I also called your customer service and had to leave a message. Not a happy customer so far. Feel free to send me a message.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DHT are you listening? I finally got to try out my 22ton splitter I got from Lowe's. First there was not motor oil in it even though it was fully assembled. I filled the engine with oil and as soon as I worked the hydraulic lever, hydraulic oil spewed from almost every fitting leaving a nice puddle of oil on my newly emaciated driveway not to mention the splashing I received. I realize that this was probably the goons at Lowe's doing a piss poor job but it reflects badly on you. I also called your customer service and had to leave a message. Not a happy customer so far. Feel free to send me a message.

Lowes has damaged the rep. of more than one supplier over the years with their less than great in store help. I picked up a mower for my mom and was instructed to change the oil in a couple hours because it was special break in lube , turns out the crankcase was empty. I hope DHT hangs a tag on all their stuff warning to check fluids before first start-up.

The foot on that splitter looks pretty stout , 1 1/2" thick?

Twstm / Paul,

Yes we always listen. We are sorry to hear that you had a leaky splitter and had to leave a message with our customer service department. Though, I am aware that our customer service department contacted you very shortly after you left a voice mail and posted these comments, and got you taken care of. We were informed you were going to submit a post to that end.

Couple of notes:

There are (4) places on our machine and manuals that state the unit does not come with engine oil. We apologize if there was a misunderstanding but we try to be as clear about this as possible.

Secondly, while we think most Lowe's store assemblers do a good job there will always be a potential for some fittings that might need to be tightened. Our manuals and hang tags on the unit instruct both the store assemblers and the end user to check everything for tightness and fluid level before use.

Again we hope you are able to tighten the fittings and are sorry for the inconvenience. We also hope that you get many years of good use out of your new splitter!!

Thanks,
DHT

Back