Whats new in bundled firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't seen it, just an idea I had. Bags work better for letting the wood stay dry, but, a pain to use. Shrinkwrap holds together good, but keeps moisture stacked.

My idea is a wrapped bundle, but using some sort of bag mesh fabric, if you could find it by the roll. I am thinking about 1.5 times around tight, fold the end and staple it on.

Maybe something like that mesh bale fabric?

I helped a guy for a day who sold bundled firewood by the semi. I ran a skid steer feeding a conveyer while he had kids pull wood off a conveyer and bag it with mesh bags. The bags were expensive, ($.30) but he said it was cheaper in the long run because it was faster.

There was a frame that stacked the wood and the bags slid over it.

My customers like the color stritch wrap and Christmas paper with the little handles on the bundles. I have to go with my customers wants on that.

Well, I was gonna say something yesterday.

The merry-go-round of trays that laid flat on the arm while being filled with splits, than a bag slipped over the tray and tipped down to fill while it was rotated seemed about the fastest low tech non-dino sucking process I had seen.

I could see the right music making that chain gang work.

Then again, I can see the design of a very small motor actually running it with one person.

im looking to buy firewood large mesh bags
100 or more
all depending on price

I don't know what those mess bags sell for I guess the area your in world make the difference.the bundles I sell are more for looks than heat. My bundles go for $2.50 wholesale up to $10.00 retail special order the more you do for your customer the more they have to pay.

im looking to buy firewood large mesh bags
100 or more
all depending on price
Dino Bags but I don't know there cost. I only buy the one rank firewood bags they are $10.00 a bag I order ten at a time Wood will dry in them I can get feed bags but firewood they will not dry. You can use for movement of firewood but not storage that is seed bags. Some of my customers like the wood delivered in the Dino bags but I keep them full with bundled year round so I make a $1000.00 a year I don't mind taking a chance on loosing a bag or two Havn't lost any yet.

I had a few minutes of free time looked up mess bags little on the costly side I think But I am so cheap tho. I use the stitch wrap because my customers like pictures of there dogs cats or there name xmas season I wrap with xmas paper or what ever season it is. I have one customer of many I put a picture of here dog with a little saying I get $10.00 a bundle delivered she burns 365 plus bundles a year I make about $4000.00 and she is not my only high end customer each one wants there wood done a different way. I have a customer that want the Dallas Cowboys on her's . I order colored I have to order $400.00 dollars worth in each color there are 6 colors thats $2400.00 a full order but that last me a year or so. I took a chance on some wood drove a 110 miles on some cherry one way. When I got there I told my little dog we hit a gold mine. I had to make three trips to get it all I got 4 cord of high dollar cooking wood. I bought a semi load for $240.00 delivered I have already sold half of it

Haven't seen it, just an idea I had. Bags work better for letting the wood stay dry, but, a pain to use. Shrinkwrap holds together good, but keeps moisture stacked.

My idea is a wrapped bundle, but using some sort of bag mesh fabric, if you could find it by the roll. I am thinking about 1.5 times around tight, fold the end and staple it on.

Maybe something like that mesh bale fabric?
I keep my wood dry and unwrapped when I get a order I wrap it and deliver it I can wrap and deliver a 100 bundles in a after noon 90 per cent of my deliverys are in the late evening stores like me to deliver after closing time so it does not get in the customers way. Bundle firewood is a do what every your customer wants and they don't mind paying. There is a lot of people in the firewood business but they don't pamper there customers. I get ask to walk there dog take out there garabage just set and drink a cup of coffee while they tell me a life storie If they love sports you do to if they don't like sports you can take it or leave it. I have a friend who was the biggest firewood sell in the area he had big equipment but his way of thinking it is his way He has a old beat up truck had to sell all his equipment Now he has trouble getting firewood for his self

I have a 18 " roll of mess stritch wrap it didn't work very well and it was $86.00 a roll for a 1000 feet to costly.
I use stretch wrap.
I cut those 18" rolls in 1/2 with my chainsaw and get 2-9" from them cost is about $8.50 a roll.
Case cost is about $70 here.

I use stretch wrap.
I cut those 18" rolls in 1/2 with my chainsaw and get 2-9" from them cost is about $8.50 a roll.
Case cost is about $70 here.

You use the mesh type wrap or regular pallet wrap? Mesh type is a lot more expensive.

Mr. HE:cool:

You use the mesh type wrap or regular pallet wrap? Mesh type is a lot more expensive
I use the stricth wrap 12 inch wide with a Hudson bundled. I have two of the hand operated one was electric I took the motor off and put a hand crank on it. I can do a 100 bundles and deliver them in one after noon by my self if the girls stop by we can do 500 to 600 a day at the end of the day with them I am wore to a gravel I'm74 and there in there 40's doesn't bother them that's with 4 or 5 of them.

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back