• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Jonsered 670 - Fully Rebuilt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydude

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
When I got this there was a hole in the air cleaner and it ingested a lot of dirt, so I tore it apart and did a complete, proper rebuild. New bearings, seals, piston, fuel line, filter, carb kit, etc. It also has an NOS air filter. I converted the saw to an internal impulse setup but kept all of the 670 fast idle/choke functionality, so it works perfect.

I have about 5-10 tanks on this and it runs fantastic. I have a 2171 so I really don't need it. I also don't need to sell it. I rebuilt it because I enjoy the process.

The price is 300 plus shipping PHO.

WP_001026.jpg WP_001024.jpg WP_001025.jpg WP_001027.jpg WP_001028.jpg WP_001029.jpg

Very nice saw. Most that are interested will want to know what brand of piston and such you used though.

Meteor of course. Factory clips.

Did you verify that the OEM clips are a close match to the Meteor in terms of diameter? Meteor clips are fine if-

1. they are C-shaped
  2. they are double-eared and you cut off most of the ear
Personally, I would prefer Meteor clips be used with Meteor pistons and vice versa.

Not busting you, those are just my thoughts after using several hundred Meteor pistons. Your saw is a beaut!!

I have a micrometer from my days of rebuilding T5 transmissions that I use to check the clips.
This site has made me paranoid about clip failure, so I always try my best to prevent it.

I haven't done as many saws as you Murph, but I have done probably a dozen with the meteor/factory clip setup.

Appreciate your input though. I think one of the big reasons for using the factory clips was a post from you on a 346 or something where the double eared clip broke.

Back