whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admittedly, that would be the easiest solution. I'm just too lazy to go through all the BS of getting set up for credit card taking for something I (might) do once a year. This is more the small town, old school way of doing business sort of stuff. I think she was a teacher here in town maybe, can't quite remember. No big deal, $700 a month. Her door is only about a half mile from the shop anyway. Lol.

If it's mrs. little old lady, and she's right nearby then I can see doing it. It's just that when I chase someone down for a grand five to eight weeks after I billed it out, that grand isn't worth a grand anymore. I could have been putting that to use. So why I always push the card option and just sacrifice the 3.5% rather than play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago

It all comes down to trust I suppose but you are giving your client free financing.

I hear you. The other option was coming back over and over (with two other guys) for the three trees, so it made sense here. Was a referral from some relatively prominent local customers. I think it was my idea, actually.

Man, tired from all those leaves and walnuts, I even blew the gutters before the rain, shoveled them mother****ers into the dump truck then dumped it in the woods then threw a cord on and pulled it out of the hole before, well, before it rains.

I sure do hope it rains, its really dry. Hopefully I can drop that load and pick up the loader tomorrow and try to get back on track. If it rains its going to be cold.

I am looking for a freelance guy for a couple takedown jobs, if anybody is interested let me know.

Well if you had to come back and make the same pita setup three times for the same three half dead spruce trees (that are all in a row) for $700 a pop, vs. The $2100 over three months,, well its kind of a no brainer to me.
350 a day mate, plus airfare and hotel accommodations!

jomoco(smiley)

I am paying 300 plus a free lunch !

...today i took down a fat leaning australian pine over a house... one of the ground crew was a no show... so i had to hussle... at the end of the day i was so wiped out i reached for my water jug and grabbed the gas can... i thought.."what the hell am i doing?... im not drinking the ####ing gas!"

I think the middle class is just simply broke in my area.

Was just listening to a message on my machine this morning, lady says she'd love to have me take down her three trees for $2100, but could she pay me in installments of $700 over three months (starting in November). I know who she is, and I came referred, so I'll probably do it, but that seems to be about how bad its gotten out there. These are people I would think could afford the work too. Lame. Recession is over my ass, not here!!
Really buttercup ! Suck it up ... I am lucky if they "start " to pay me after 60 days . And sometimes I have done 8 more job before the first is even PO'd out ... I mean our School system here doesn't even flinch at 90 days and they tell you plain English it's gonna be at least that long , I am owed money from when I was wearing a sweatshirt for the first time this year .... Payments are part of this gig not every Joe Schmo cuts a check as your putting on cones back on the truck ... Would be nice though

Really buttercup ! Suck it up ... I am lucky if they "start " to pay me after 60 days . And sometimes I have done 8 more job before the first is even PO'd out ... I mean our School system here doesn't even flinch at 90 days and they tell you plain English it's gonna be at least that long , I am owed money from when I was wearing a sweatshirt for the first time this year .... Payments are part of this gig not every Joe Schmo cuts a check as your putting on cones back on the truck ... Would be nice though

Oh. Well, Excuuuse me, Mr big man (small penis and duffel bag)!! Just happens I'm not in the commercial market. My customers usually pay upon completion. I kinda like it that way.

Whatever. Lol

One nice thing about those big accounts is when your still well above water and u get a 40 or 50 or 60 or 80 thousand dollar check!

Just got word a village has 150 American elm removals on top of our list of 80 another village has 300 ash as of now just looked at 150 ash for the local park district at one park winter trim 2 Towns we have numerous bids out for hoa ash removals 30-100 trees so much for going to the Bahamas this year....

Not sure really. I remember hearing good things about the Hobbs on here, but you know how that goes. Lol.
u6eha6uj.jpg
whatja think I just picked it up small work

Tree surgeons are a lot like buzzards.

Waitin round for things to die so they have a carcass tu feed on!

I'd imagine EAB has provided a helluva lotta carcasses in the Michigan area!

jomoco
It has left a lot of carcasses in the area and most of them were taken care of 3-5 years ago so now all that is left is a bunch of big a$$ dead trees that if you cough wrong they will fall.

Back