Is there a way to attach a pulley system to the top of a 18 meter tree without climbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nithen

Reaction score
Is there a way to attach a pulley system to the top of a 18 meter tree without climbing?

We call it a retrievable block, then Climbers Companion has a very good instruction.

Like Gorman I set a rigging line with a throwline, some will use a midline knot to rig it static to the crotch, I usually just fishpole lash it to the base of the tree

Pulley is not meant to be in trees that for pansies just good ole burn ur rope be a man it takes to long for that ringing **** by the time u get all that rigging up there i done have the tree on the ground an cleaned up

Pulley is not meant to be in trees that for pansies just good ole burn ur rope be a man it takes to long for that ringing **** by the time u get all that rigging up there i done have the tree on the ground an cleaned up

Me UGG, me cut tree. READ the original post, the OP gave no reason why he wanted the pulley in the tree, just that he wanted it in the tree. Perhaps putting up a ham radio antenna?

Soooo u buy a new rope after every big removal? maybe you don't let anything run so that would help cause on the last big tree I natural crotched I burnt that rope something fierce I was also letting thousand pound logs run 40-50 feet smoke pouring off the top and bottom of the tree it was hot!! Lol

Static Removable False Crotch

I use the first method picking a crotch close to the trunk.

Now the second seems to be only doable if you can get a limb horizontal enough to rig the rope. Also the rigging is going to be further away from the trunk. I just can't put big weight on something like that.

Yes yes, tell Good Dr. Proteus all about it, I am here to help people with problems such as yers. I usually have good results but I will tell you now, there is going to be some drilling involved.

Latest posts

Back