My Winter Prediction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As it stands right now, the majority of weather experts have it at a 50-50 chance of being mild and snowy or cold and snowless. "Oct.16 the Climate Prediction Center(NOAA) issues it official winter forecast".

I will boldly predict that we are gonna have a mild winter with less than eight inches of snow.
I agree we don't get snow but everyone is crying saying this year's gonna be worst than last and I predict we won't hardly see any days below freezing here.

Doesn't matter how bad it is. My wife gets cold when it gets below 70. If it weren't for the kids we'd be in the Keys. As far as she's concerned, every winter is worse than the last! :laugh:

Doesn't matter how bad it is. My wife gets cold when it gets below 70. If it weren't for the kids we'd be in the Keys. As far as she's concerned, every winter is worse than the last! :laugh:
She got it right.

I would trade all my firewood crap for a fishing boat and year around warm weather in a split second!

I predict I don't give a rats ass, new gasification boiler fitted, wood c/s/s. Bring it on. Desperately to give her up in anger. :)

I predict..normal north georgia mud season for winter! Cold slop, semi frozen clay mud that sticks way better than gorilla glue to anything it touches. Occasional fleeting (and sleeting) white dirt fallin from de sky. A few days of bright sun and fantastical beeyootiful white dirt over the glue clay. Much hibernating going on with the critters outside and the short fuzzy slow ground monkey snoozing in a chair in front of a dragon, burning who knows what, and a few smaller critters snoozing on top of him.

Well..hopefully. If obola virus doesn't 'splode all over, then most likely sitting in a hole/blind guarding the cows about 24/7..with a bad attitude.

Chief of an indian tribe decides to retire. So he appoints his best buck as chief. He gathers the tribe and tells them the news. The next day the new chief steps in front of the tribe proud of his new title. Someone in the tribe yells out, "chief, what should we do?". In a panic he tells them to go cut firewood and they all trot off. Impressed with his quick wit he sits back and enjoys his new leadership. The next day the tribe gathers again with the same request to which he says go cut firewood. One of the tribe members steps up and says "chief, how hard of a winter are we going to have?". He replies "usual, go cut wood" and off they go. He decides to back up his decision and calls the weather channel and asks them how hard the winter is going to be. The weather channel tells him a little harder than last year. So the next day he sends them out again. Calls the weather channel and they tell him worst than we thought yesterday, this continues on for a week, each day sending them out the the weather channel telling him worst and worst conditions as the days go by.......by the end of the week he calls the weather channel after sending his tribe out, they barely have enough room for all the wood. The guy at the weather channel tells him its going to be the worst winter they've seen in a hundred years, to which the chief replies "are you sure"? and the guy at the weather channel says " oh yeah, the indians are gathering fire wood like crazy."

You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
images

Back