066 with 84psi... sad day! Porters?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still scheduling work....and do all manners of repairs and port work. My next available date is in late March though.

IMG_20141020_205409_767_zpshp0qc30h.jpg

Just cut this 660 AM jug for another test subject.

Thank you all for your replies. Brad, thank you for your honesty... I thought you did port work but if you're shying away that's okay too. Chadihman, I may take you up on that, can you pm me on details? The current jug still works, just has been cut for a thread repair at the spark plug, which is attached to the plug, hence no changing plugs. It also has one broken fin on the top.

Terry was one I've heard of but could not remember. When I get on shift tomorrow sometime I am going to write all these down. I was PM'd by another who said they could do it along with a dyno run and claiming 38% gains over stock. I may not be back on until later tomorrow night as I have a prescribed burn to conduct tomorrow morning.

Mastermind, could you PM me on some particulars, like average cost, what it includes, what's on me, etc? I would appreciate it, and when you say your next opening is March, is that when you could get it done and get it back? Can someone hang onto their saw until closer to the time and still be scheduled?

So many questions... all of you are great and thank you so far! Please keep the suggestions coming so I can make a list tomorrow night. BTW, if and when that 029 gets a 039 P/C, is there any benefit to considering porting that little buggar? I remember in another thread some felt ALL saws could benefit... even little homeowner models?

Thanks guys!

Duane

BTW, as for waiting, the big need for this saw is over for me til May or so when fire season comes, so not in a big hurry (though I understand my department is getting a 440-yay). The only thing this saw may do the next couple of months is noodle some of my larger (20-26") pinon rounds and uglies for splitting.... no hurry... and the 029 can earn it's keep doing some of that, albeit quite a bit slower if need be. So if that puts Terry in the running as well that's fine!

Duane

BTW, as for waiting, the big need for this saw is over for me til May or so when fire season comes, so not in a big hurry (though I understand my department is getting a 440-yay). The only thing this saw may do the next couple of months is noodle some of my larger (20-26") pinon rounds and uglies for splitting.... no hurry... and the 029 can earn it's keep doing some of that, albeit quite a bit slower if need be. So if that puts Terry in the running as well that's fine!

Duane
You can get another Keencert and replace the spark plug. The plug should not stay on the Keencert.

Yah Frank, I understand that... that thing has been attached to the plug as long as I can remember; I just never caught that it was a repair... The friend I went to earlier today brought it to my attention, and can do those as well...

You must have the valve at the end of the hose to get an actual reading on small two stroke motors

Partly true. You can't use any-old schrader valve core at the plug-bore end of the tester. You need a valve core with a very soft spring, or your readings will be well off the mark, LOW. OTC and others have such cores available, separately or as part of a parts kit.

Back