Woodstove Temps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had with a guy a couple years ago. He asked if I heat my garage and I said no. He said he has a wood stove in his.
He had a couple of close calls tho. First one was when he threw a small trailer tire in there to get rid of it. "Almost lost my place." He said.
I'm thinking, wow rubber in a wood stove, big lesson learned there.
He said the next time was a week later while cleaning up he tossed two pair of rubber boots in it!
It's just a matter of time.
Natural selection in progress. :deadhorse:
Dan.

My dad shoved a half roll of tar paper in the barrel stove once.......only once. We were watching flames spiral out of the 35 foot chimney and the barrel was glowing white hot, including the cast door. I only burn small pieces at a time if I do burn it.

He did a rayon coat one time.......Not going there, DON'T do it.

Anyone ever heard of a burning barrel?

I've heard of combustion chambers getting burned out/warped from hedge and locust, if you want to get those temps up in a hurry throw a few sticks of that in there but don't overdo it! Stuff has mondo BTUs...

I grew up with a barrel stove. It is neat to see the flames through the steel when it gets hot.
You can burn them out fast or you can keep them going for years. We got about 4 years out of a good thick barrel.

I borrowed an IR gun to check my stove temp and it maxed it out at 799*F. Only a few small areas about the size of a grapefruit could have been >800 according to the picture. It ran like that fairly often ever night last year during the coldest part of the season...

Back