Thats is a lot of splitter for that little hitch!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why, jiss hitch it to an ATV, haul away back down through the mud, right to the tree....oh wait, overkill, use the riding lawn mower "tractor".

Man, that's a heckuva beam on that...ain't breakin any time soon....

I know it looks funny but as long as the welds are kosher that hitch will pull that wherever you want I do agree it would look way better with a pentle hitch though.

That's a lot of splitter for the money. I'll bet you could get him down to $500 too!

Actually, the LUC was what powered many of the old deere combines of the day, that's where the "C" comes from, it's a inline 2 cyl, flat head design.

The same motor configured in other ways was the LUS, LUK ect... Each was made for a purpose. It also powered one of there early tractors and that's where the "L" comes from. They were made in both, crank and electric start.

BTW, they have 10 to 12 HP, depending where you measure it...

SR

I called my cousin, the john deere tractor restoring freak last night and told him about it. He called me back and said it was sold already. He said the motor was easily worth that price even not running to some of these restoring guys.

Latest posts

Back