Ohio Michigan Members

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was trying to figure out how to post a poll... Seems to be eluding me. Not that we've had a ton of input but it sounds like December is going to work out better. Perhaps we should shoot for then? I'm thinking the first or second weekend. I don't want to get too close to Christmas.

Would a Saturday or Sunday work better?

Is this stihl a go?

I live close to Sandusky, Ohio and would be interested in attending a gtg.

I'm kinda new to AS but I've been noticing all the people from Ohio, Indiana and Michigan on here. I would definitely go to a gtg in any of those states. Maybe its time to start planning a big one for spring 2014. ;)

Indiana and Ohio each had one this past summer. I couldn't make either of those due to my schedule. I was hoping this one was a go. I'll just go cut more firewood like I been doing almost everyday. I'll still get saw time, lol.

The original thread started back in 2011, but seems like it rekindled back in sept of this year. I think we would have to start from scratch and just come up with a plan and date for a gtg :)

Is anyone interested in a 50cc shootout gtg? I have some room, some race cants, and two 50cc saws. Linden MI.

I'm all for it...big rapids myself but would make the trip. I have a couple 50cc saws. I have a 254 that might be competitive.

I know you lots of guys deer hunt, but the GTG is back on for November 16th at noon. There will be at least a dozen Stihls ranging from 30-70cc, and a couple of flimsy Husqys.

Heath's Harbor
16043 Whitehead Dr.
Linden, MI 48451
(810)735-2628

You're my hero. I had things come up unexpectedly on the previously set date!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I have been itching to go to a gtg and have been watching for one in Ohio, but haven't seen one advertised this year. Xskier do u have a head count for yours? Hopefully you have a great turnout and fun cutting.

We can start counting heads next week. For now, I'm out firewooding.

Hi Jeff,

I was born and raised in Benzie County. Frankfort actually. I live in benzonia now. I'm only 27 but my father and grandfather who have both spent there whole lives in Frankfort are always talking about how much it has changed. I started my own landscaping business three years ago and have clients on the Little Platte near Deadstream Road.

We go ca-brewing at-least once each summer down the Platte River as well. Good times.

We are losing all of our Birch Trees to the birch borer beetle up here. The ash are starting to go as well. More work and firewood for me though.

Have a good one,
Aaron
I can remember when they first put the salmon in the river. My aunt used to have some cabins and a main house on Platte lake. I used to spend a week up there every summer. Shows you how old I am.

Back