Inside the Husqvarna 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually have no idea - it was some Euro brand I had never heard of. I helped him work on it years ago when he bought it. We installed a big bore kit and a new pipe that was supposed to make 18Hp. I've never even ridden the thing but max speed went from 50 Km/h to over 100 Km/h. There was a guy from a scooter race club that sourced the parts.

These numbers seems unreal to me but when a big bore kit and a guy from a scooter race club get involved,you never know. :laugh:

What is the brand of that scooter?

I asked him about it. It is a Derby Atlantis with a 70cc kit, tuned expansion pipe made for the porting in the kit, bigger carb, and altered transmission (continous variable belt). The HP numbers are what the parts manufacturer claims so who who knows if they are real, but max speed is certainly real and it's capable of highway speeds now. People actually race them like this for some crazy reason. I'd rather get into lawnmower racing personally :)

The point being, the motor is surprisingly similar to a chainsaw engine but makes much higher power for a given displacement. Even the stock 50cc cylinder on that scooter makes as much power as most stock 75cc saws like a 460 or 372xpw. The stock scooter muffler was just a plain can, no different than a saw muffler. Makes me wonder why a saw can't be made better from the factory.

:hmm3grin2orange:

you know, my Bro has a 50cc 18Hp 2 stroke scooter

Why can't we have a 7 pound, 50cc 7Hp saw?

I refuse to get excited about carbs with wires hanging out. Not good enough. We can put a man on the moon. I want my pretend saw built.

It has a lot to do with the exaust system....

Pretty legit to bring this thread back up. Gotta show the non-silver saws some love. Mitch's 555 is an awesome saw, and the more 545's that go out the door the more I like those little buggers as well. And as far as good threads go, this one is great in regard to the 555. :msp_thumbsup:

I think my 555 is my all time favorite saw right now. The perfect saw for what I do at this point in my life.

But I have to wonder..if a built 555 could run as well as a built 562...

There's only one way to find out :D

Back