Building a 560xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they (you) have it - what I questioned is if you are allowed to load it into a saw that has a serial number that doesn't fit with the requested software (or has the wrong color on the case). :msp_wink:

We can load whatever software we want onto the carbs. The 555/560 and 62 have the same software, the coil is different though.

A great thread here. Would love to see Mitch fix the links.

Two months ago I finished one for TK. Doing my best to catch up but I did document the build. Eventually I'll add it here or start another.

I did manage to do a video showing the timing fix on the 201T.....in case you don't know how to do it yet............

Ok, I have to admit, I am slightly confused as to what the point of this exercise was? Not knocking the effort and ability at all, just wondering what the reasoning was behind it. What is better about this than an off the shelf 562xp other than the cool factor?

-AJ

Ok, I have to admit, I am slightly confused as to what the point of this exercise was? Not knocking the effort and ability at all, just wondering what the reasoning was behind it. What is better about this than an off the shelf 562xp other than the cool factor?

-AJ
Small bar mount, all orange, lighter, low top...

Small bar mount, all orange, lighter, low top...

I gathered the specific reason throughout the thread...I guess I'm asking what is better about each of the differences. Why do you want small mount over large mount? What are the advantages? Why low top over the "high top" cover? The paint is obvious as the gray does rub off quite easily but I have a 372 that the orange isnt exactly pretty anymore either. Weight is also for obvious reasons but what are we talking, a few ounces?

I gathered the specific reason throughout the thread...I guess I'm asking what is better about each of the differences. Why do you want small mount over large mount? What are the advantages? Why low top over the "high top" cover? The paint is obvious as the gray does rub off quite easily but I have a 372 that the orange isnt exactly pretty anymore either. Weight is also for obvious reasons but what are we talking, a few ounces?
Not that much diff on all accounts & something I would not do. But all my other saws take small mount bars, so that's the big thing for me, lot of lighter bar choices in small mount 18-20". Low top is less bulky, looks better. Orange paint last for Years, the silver just kind of dissolves in a short time. 6-8 oz diff if I remember right? No big deal though...

Here's the pic I was really wanting to see. Thanks Mitch.

8312322594_6b2766d72c_c.jpg

Back