Help with Central Boiler CL5036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coppersnowblue

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Started up my wood burner last night. When I turned the power on the readout had "00" on the display after a while the temp numbers started acting ok but every now and then the temps would go all over the place. It finally leveled out and appeared to work correctly. When I got home from work "00" again on the display. I am starting about the sixth season with this unit. Any help would be appreciated.

image.jpg Just went through this with my 6048. The display itself was bad and had to be changed. Takes less than 10 minutes. Cost I think was around 150 for the part. image.jpg

Just come in from messing with it. I believe it is bad. It looks just like your picture. Thanks for the help. It looks to be an easy replace. Hope my dealer has one in stock so I can go pick it up tomorrow. It does however seem to still be controlling the temp. Maybe I should shut her down and not risk it.

Look up the electrical specs on the unit you are taking out and then look the controller up in the Grainger catalog. It is a Love Controls controller. Formally Dwyer controls. Not sure of the exact model number, but you should be able to get a replacement for about 80 or 90 bucks.

I have the new love controller installed and all programmed up. The only thing I am not sure of is the temp sensor NTC or PTC?

My controller still ok after 6 yrs., but might want to get a spare door solenoid to keep on hand, mine went out after 3 yrs. Keep it lubed up good, clean the crust off of the damer periodically

Back