Sprocket: To grease or not to grease?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes sir I'd like to know how/why it's junk.I know of one shop that uses nothing but the green lukas grease for everything that needs greasing!
Again, go to any oil forum and the concensus will be that it is garbage, and that's from guys in the know.

I know it caused my balljoints to fail, the stuff absorbed water and cause the joints to rust. Changing the joint s to Moog for the second time, and changing nothing else but the grease (interval stayed the same), I put another 200k on the truck without a balljoint issue.

I use Schaeffer #274, and have not had a bearing or joint failure since.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

Somethings wrong here and I don't think it's the grease.I use it on chain saw bar sproket and clutch bearing.Use it on wheel bearings,"U"joints and general greasing with no failures.The shop I mentioned is a farm shop and does everything from minor repairs to total engine overhauls.

I don't care what you think, read the oil forums...they will tell you Lucas is garbage.

It has to be hygroscopic...the rust was no joke. The truck was only highway driven.

Change to Schaeffer, and the water in the ujoints stopped and the water in the balljoints expells as water droplets and unaffected grease (no rust).

I'm done with this debate about Lucas...again, its marketing. If you like it, by all means use it, at least I'm not paying for it.

I can accept that ... it was suggested to me as I have only run Castrol and penrite in the past ... so if I do use it I can't cry wolf as you have warned you ... I thank you for that too

Haven't greased a tip in over 20 years, but I have an Oregon roller nose that says " grease hourly." If it wasn't for lube, none of us would be here! Lol
John

It has to be hygroscopic...the rust was no joke. The truck was only highway driven.

Change to Schaeffer, and the water in the ujoints stopped and the water in the balljoints expells as water droplets and unaffected grease (no rust).

I'm done with this debate about Lucas...again, its marketing. If you like it, by all means use it, at least I'm not paying for it.

I can accept that ... it was suggested to me as I have only run Castrol and penrite in the past ... so if I do use it I can't cry wolf as you have warned you ... I thank you for that too
You won't have a problem using that grease.

Back