What's your temp spread?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenndatomu

Hey you woodchucks, quit chucking my wood!
Reaction score
Burnt 2 good sized oak splits and 1 smaller soft maple last night. My thermometer said 18* outside when I got up this AM, was 72* inside, so my spread was 54*. What's yours?
Christmas 2013, etc 028.JPG

My wife likes it about 76-78 in the living room which puts the rest of the house in the low 70's. It was 14 this morning when I got up.

Don't know. My boiler "use" to kick on about 149 degrees and now kicks on at 152. The kick-off temp. for the boiler has remained the same; about 172 degrees. Due to my little ones, I set the house along with the lower floor at 76 degrees... which to me means around 71 degrees or so at floor height and around 82 degrees at the ceiling. My house is draftee and needs to be winterized and properly insulated in the attic.

Hope that helps.

SR'

-1° outside, 80° inside. 81° spread. We like it 74-82° in the house. in the depths of winter when it dips to -50 outside and 80° inside, we see a 130° spread.

-6* @ 7:30 am outside
Brrr...just stinkin brrr! It just seems too early in the year for that temp, even in Minnesota!

-1° outside, 80° inside. 81° spread. We like it 74-82° in the house. in the depths of winter when it dips to -50 outside and 80° inside, we see a 130° spread.
Wow, and I thought I was doin something when I had 100* spread last winter!

Since we never have the temp inside much over 71° (maybe 72°) it has to be damn cold outside before I can claim a 100° difference.
But I've got the OP beat right now... 8° outside, 70° inside, a difference of 62° :D
Lookin' for lows around zero Tuesday morning, so I may be able to claim something just over 70° before week's end.

I've got 3 degrees here this morning and the house is 73. Woke up yesterday to snow, and today Brrrr, to early for this crap.

Wind chill doesn't count
That was without wind chill. I know you only live a few miles down the road, but we live in a hole here and it gets cold. Last winter it was common to see -40 or colder on the thermometer, and that was on a tree that was pulling heat up from the ground and not too far from the stove wall. I know for a fact that I saw -47 more than a few times. Take off a few degrees for the temp of the tree and radiant from the house and you are easily at -50. :)

Latest posts

Back