Cord King Monster Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The main use for these is to break big logs down so they can go through a processor. Some tree businesses use the to break tree down so they can chip them. It all depends on your area and how cheap it is to get rid of waste logs.

did ya get a crane on it to lift these monster blocks into it , sounds like a back breaker , I no theres a lot of wood in the bigger blocks, but its hard on the anatomy and we aren't getting any younger

Woodmizer, you don't get a crane but they do give you an instructional video on proper lifting technique. You have to lift with your knees not your back. And always do some stretching exercises before you attempt to lift those 36" x 8' long logs. You don't want to get it halfway up there and get a Charlie horse in your leg. Been there done that.

To go vertical, you just have to lift the whole thing up and brace it. Maybe strap it to a tree or something.

why would you want to hurt yourself over a stick of wood ,,,,if you lift properly or not eventually its gonna catch you and when it does I hope you got good insuranced

local pulp mill will not accept anything over 22 inch, neither will most firewood processors. Handling big wood on a processor with any knot, bumps or crooks means cant hooking. No fun.
I don't anything about this exact model but Cord king is made about 80 miles from me and are a reputable product.

I used to have one. Pretty handy for splitting telephone poles for the wood stove.

Woodmizer, you don't get a crane but they do give you an instructional video on proper lifting technique. You have to lift with your knees not your back. And always do some stretching exercises before you attempt to lift those 36" x 8' long logs. You don't want to get it halfway up there and get a Charlie horse in your leg. Been there done that.

Back in my football days I'd go out and load a truck full of 48"x 16' logs as a warmup before the real workout began, and you are exactly right, a Charlie horse mid lift is a little awkward!!

Back in my football days I'd go out and load a truck full of 48"x 16' logs as a warmup before the real workout began, and you are exactly right, a Charlie horse mid lift is a little awkward!!

You guys have 48" balsa wood?

Even a 16' piece of 48" balsa would be too much unless he is "The World's Strongest Man".
No no no, you're both wrong, it wasn't balsa wood, nor am I the worlds strongest man. (Although the ladies do find me quite handsome) I am the biggest bullchitter in 7 counties though!

Back