Worst Air In The Nation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Sounds like the weather patterns have more to do with the air quality than the actual pollution. I would think a more industrialized city (Detroit, for example) would be worse off, and that the coastal cities would have that sea air to blow things away. Looks like I figured wrong.

I think the air in California is probably the worst .. It's full of corrupt liberal stinkin politicians and of coarse hippies who don't wash themselves. .. Bad air everywhere

I think the air in California is probably the worst .. It's full of corrupt liberal stinkin politicians and of coarse hippies who don't wash themselves. .. Bad air everywhere

WHOA!!! WHOA!! WHOA!!! let me get this straight... your telling me there is corrupt politicians out there??? wait a second... hold on... this is something totally new to me, let me write this down...

wait a sec... i just read what you wrote about dirty hippies?? what?? there is no way that any of that is even remotely true.

LMHO!!!!!

I wish the air was stagnant about now, the wind has been blowing about 30-45mph steady for the last 5 days with gust at 70. Had a peek gust of 92 mph about 1 1/2 miles from me, at the Crown Point Vista House. ( google some videos of car doors there) pretty funny.

Worst air in the nation was in my basement about 1 week ago.
Particle board sub floor panels and fridge compressor drip made for the worst thing I've ever smelt.
A moldy /glue/cat pee powerful smell all rolled into one.
The smell just about killed me removing them, a cheap buzz though for sure. LOL

Took lots of bleach to clean floor panels 3 beyond the wet panel location and 2 full days of air to settle the smell in the house.
Lord help anyone that has a flood with particle board sub floor panels.

I burnt those panels so shared the smell with the world PU smoke.

Interesting. Sounds like the weather patterns have more to do with the air quality than the actual pollution. I would think a more industrialized city (Detroit, for example) would be worse off, and that the coastal cities would have that sea air to blow things away. Looks like I figured wrong.

It is weather and topography. We've skied during inversions and that can be pleasant. It will be foggy and smoggy in the valley and chilly, maybe 14 degrees when we arrive at the base of the hill at 4500 feet, then halfway up the first chairlift it'll suddenly feel and smell like spring. Temps might be in the upper 40s and one time it hit 50. You are up in the sun and the warm "air aloft". With the new part of the ski area, one can stay in the warm weather all day, but it is a shock at the end of the day when you hit the cold air.

It wasn't just firewood burners. Folks tend to burn their slash when it is dry and there were two operations in my area burning away.

Worst air in the country--Don't move here.

I am trying hard to get folks to leave this polluted, superfund site state. I'm telling them to move to Montana. Montana already has grizzlies and wolves so they can get their selfies with those beasties.

Don't move here.

The worst air is inside the beltway - if there is any air there.

Its about time the left coast can breath in there own smog, and crap. Rather than sending it all out to the rest of the country. While the breath nice clean air from the ocean.

not to bad here except the winter it smells of heating oil,coal, and wood
the guy across the road has a smoke dragon coal stoker furnace and talk about pollution you would think his house was on fire :ices_rofl:

We are just getting "warmed up" on air quality this winter. We have had four voluntary burn ban days in a row (5?) but my new Blaze King barely registers on the opacity of smoke scale.

Not to worry, it will be 40 below soon. If we don't get some snow to insulate the ground the whole state is going to need new sewer lines by mid Feb.

Back