Bandit 1390xp vs Morbark M15R

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kschuler

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a new 15" chipper. Price and weight aside, which machine is the better chipper? I'm talking about pure chipping action such as feed rate, chip throwing, big wood, small wood, limb crushing and most importantly how often the auto feed has to kick on (I understand it will depend on the diameter of the wood being chipped).

Does anyone have experience running both chippers, the Bandit 1390xp and the Morbark M15R?

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Oh and yes I looked through other similar threads but there didn't seem to be enough info on just these two particular models.

Thanks

Never used or even seen a morbark , we have a 1390 xp with the cat motor winch ect with 1100 hours on it , if your after a productive chipper that shoots chip hard crushes and feeds well and generally gets things done then yer its good at that also produces beutifull chip and isnt too bad on fuel , if u want something reliable and doesnt cost alot of money to keep it up and running year round id look at something else i wont say its a bad chipper but we wont get another one ever again

I just demoed a 1390 with a little 97hp Perkins and we have brand new morbark m15r chippers at work with 125hp john deere and the bandit chipping a 15" log will out chip the morbark chipping brush all day long. Bandit is deffinatley supieror and cheaper than the morbark.

But better yet the 1590 is a dam good chipper too we had one at davey residential and fed the chipper at capacity and then some for 6 months and never had an issue put 900 hours on it in 6 months and just blades, an anvil and regular maintenance thing just kept going.

900 hours in 6 months you guys are machines , we started having expencive problems at about 550 hours never really stopped either

Dear sir, I believe what you are after is the Bandit Model 4680 Beast Recycler. Nothing exudes confidence and mastery like charging onto the jobsite with 92,000 pounds of iron in tow. Plus, you never know when you may want to chip an entire 45" diameter tree in one shot. And, to be perfectly truthful, who wouldn't want 1,200 HP for those pesky residential trim jobs? Go big or go home!

I just demoed a 1390 with a little 97hp Perkins and we have brand new morbark m15r chippers at work with 125hp john deere and the bandit chipping a 15" log will out chip the morbark chipping brush all day long. Bandit is deffinatley supieror and cheaper than the morbark.

So, to make sure I understand correctly, the 97 HP Bandit handily neutered the 125 HP Morbark. Is that correct?

Thanks everyone. It's good to know that the Bandit kicks the pants off the Morbark in terms of chipping. Whether or not it's a better quality machine is another matter but I'm definitely leaning toward the bandit so this helps a ton.
In response to the 1590, yes I have considered this chipper and have heard great things about it but think it is just a little bit too heavy and too much money for the operation I want. That 7,000 pound chipper will tow nicely behind my truck.
Now most importantly, in response to the wing nut who thinks I should roll up on the job with a 45" destroyer...I say to thee, have you been neutered recently? You may have lost your marbles.

Back