Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but who are you callin' an as a whole.

lol. I'm as friendly as they get, dude. I always take responsibility for my part. Sometime I think the only reason SS keeps me around is the tendency for the clown act to coalesce wherever I'm at. It makes for easy baby sitting. ROFL. I don't employ smiley's because I'm almost always full of ****. Most guys know it too.

I'll take the high road from now on as somebody on this forum finally set a fine example. Thanks friend.

Rolflmfao :laugh: too funny, you got a great sense of humour
"as a whole" lol, and thats worth a lot more in life that superior
saw knowledge or skills and I wont say IMO because thats just a fact "as a whole" but like I said one can go from pro to anti in one word; "as a whole"! I loved the bug pic too, comedy is timings. But there's a catch, people kinda got to like ya to appreciate it, or maybe its not for a good portion or his crowd?
but I am willing to test the waters myself.
-Cool your taking the "higher road" there will allways be doubters and haters.
"Hate is like an acid:
It damages the vessels in which it is stored....
and destroys the vessels on which it is poured"
all the best, Jamie

Y'all pooped all over Simon's thread.

My $0.3897 on this matter?

An old timer mechanic told me in my youth to run 32:1. At that point in his career, he had worked on thousands of saws, over many decades. That gave him a unique prospective on what caused failures in certain parts.

One of his quotes I remember goes something like, "It don't matter what oil you use, if it ain't get'n where it needs to be."

As far as manufacturers, they could give two chits about performance or longevity. They care about sales and a low percentage of recalls and returns.

Don't believe me? Call and talk to one of their engineers, or email one. While you're at it, talk to an oil or fuel engineer and ask them if quality has gone up or down.

Goobermint regs have crippled a lot of the manufactures ability to make a good friction reducing product.

Speaking of Goobermint, if Stihl really cares about my saw & it's longevity/performance -- why would they make the exhaust hole 5/16" in diameter on a 90+ cc saw? Is it to keep exhaust temps up to pass EPA baloney? Heat that's trapped against the jug, which is aluminum, which is a huge heat sink, which helps kill my saw.

Fir anyone that's been here longer than 5 minutes -- before the hacking -- AS was a treasure trove of info.

There HAD been the dyno tests, the flow bench tests, the experiments with success and failure. Most of which is gone up in smoke now.

Run what you brung homeys -- I'm going to stick to 77:1 fish oil in 89 octane Maddog 20-20.

Hello Simon,

Long time no see.

Nice to see you still visit anyway. I haven't got a clue what's been going on in this thread by the way, I can guess, but haven't got the energy to read it all.

Back