A "lean" 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the one I made from a 357XP dawg.

I made this one several years ago. I started with a 357 dawg like I got from you, then cut and ground an entirely new one out of it. Quite a bit of work was required.

The length is perfect. With the roller chain catcher, it's a perfect solution, IMHO.
I bought a 357 dawg (p/n 503973801) but it's not long enough to do what Brad did with his. Is there another dawg available?

my 346 never had a tipping issue. i did sell the saw and keep the dawgs. got 2 more on the way so i'm glad i did. believe it or not, i only lost 3/4" bar length compared to the stock dawg that may as well not even be on there. if your on any kind of angle the stock spike is useless or even if your trying to bug a twisted log where the case actually hit the tree first.

IMG_0170.JPG

Wipe it off and look for numbers. There also may be just enough teeth against the drum to lay a .325 chain and a 3/8 chain against it. The wrong one will be obvious.

I had two Huskies come in this week with the spur sawn clean in two....which toasted the clutch, the bar and the chain from all the heat. I think I don't see this on the Stihls because the inboard clutch allows the user to see that worn out sprocket long before it gets as bad as the one in the picture.

I had two Huskies come in this week with the spur sawn clean in two....which toasted the clutch, the bar and the chain from all the heat. I think I don't see this on the Stihls because the inboard clutch allows the user to see that worn out sprocket long before it gets as bad as the one in the picture.
The saw I referred to above was a STIHL 021

Back