has no power ??????????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im thinking the problem isn't the saw . Its what the operator was drinking before posting his( no power) issue .
:p

~snip~ maybe it needs a new fuel line and a set of points??? ~snip~

Yep, needs some points.

Point 1 - Change the gear oil.
Point 2 - Semi skip picco is a much better option with 32" and longer bars.
Point 3 - Dual felling dogs for feeding into the wood more smoothly.
Etc....

Sir,

You know that the Husky BAR is just too much for that steel saw, now if you put a 60" steel bar on it, then you would have a saw like all other steel users.. working on it while the men with REAL saws do the work.. WILDTHANGS~

AND

"I have a potty mouth".

Sounds like its slightly rich ,, tune to 16k rpms and repeat...i almost forgot add one ounce of crisco to your fuel for a good mixture....

Hell, add some lard and bacon grease...those big girls will be flocking in from every direction when they get a whiff of those 2 stroke clouds!

The bar is NOT the problem, that saw will do just fine after you "Bore and Stroke" it. I say go about .50" over and a good pop-up. You'll be fine.

I got my ms170 out today,,, I wanted a little bit long bar on it so I got my bar adaptor out and mounted a large mount huskie 32" b/c,,,, it did decent in 12" wood but then I tried it in a 30" dia red oak log and it just would not cut,,, it fell on its face,,, I nursed it half way through the log but once I put any pressure on the saw it would just fall on its face,,,, I know comp is good,,, maybe it needs a new fuel line and a set of points??? I am at a lose on this,, any help would be appreciated

Well, if you were running the Plitz (Piltz? SP?) Extra-Super duper kinda-chisel chipper chain, (extra aggressive and low drag) you too pull a 48" Cannon. Al you need to do is remove the high-side Jet, install a fuel line into the cylinder, put on a HD2 and always wear sneakers when cutting... Jeesh...

well I got a lot more power out of it,,,,, I added a 20 gallon nitrous oxide tank to it,,,, man,,, kick the nitro in and it will fly with the bar buried in oak

Maybe your blade was upside down ,try flipping it too the sharp side

Scottso, I heard you can bolt up a 170 power head to the PTO on a Craftsman lawn tractor as a 'force multiplier' to really rock & roll.

Back