Boot time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So how long do you guys wear your boots in hours per day?
I will start,,I put mine on at 4:45am and take them off around 6pm.
Now that I don't climb anymore, I buy the different kind of footwear,
The thing is that my feet felt great when I was a climber and had good footwear,
But now my feet hurt like hell at the end of a day,, so, I was thinking about wearing my 16" wesco's.
my feet never hurt in them,
Thanks to Wes and Cody, :)
Jeff:p

I put mine on around 7 and come off 5-8. I bought a pair of keens and been happy.

6 till at least 5pm+
Meindl airstream are the most comfy grippy and toughest chainsaw boots I've ever used, almost like wearing trainers, almost

Most days from 7AM till around 11PM or so. I wear $50 Walmart specials. Though I guess with all the pain meds I take for my back, maybe my feet are killing me and I don't even notice haha!

A good pair of gel or other type of insole can make a big difference.
I bought a pair of expensive ones (the insoles, not the boots) at Cabelas a few years ago that were expensive, but really comfortable.

A good pair of gel or other type of insole can make a big difference.
I bought a pair of expensive ones (the insoles, not the boots) at Cabelas a few years ago that were expensive, but really comfortable.

For my old tired feet, the light weight Danner boot from Cabela's is good for general purpose. However, you can't beat a good pair of logger boots on mountainous terrain.

I recently made the switch from logger boots to high end hiker boots. I wear them from 6:30 till between 5-8. My feet and back have much less pain since the switch.

7- whenever usually 5... guys try on the timberland pro waterproof composite toe... light and low break in time. Really good boot

I hadn't either until two years ago. They were designed for hunters going after mountain sheep in rough areas. They are a bit stiff but provide great support for the ankle. I wear them for climbing and also when I'm using spikes. They are made in Italy and the quality shows. I send them back at the end of the season to get resoled and repaired for $150.00. They are also waterproof.

I wear whites smoke jumpers everyday from 0600-2000 every day sometimes six days a week love them and wescos when I climb and my feet fell great. I will say this though a boot salesman once told me this and it makes sense. Some people's feet need support some need cushion so there is no one boot cures all. Just my two cents

I need a new pair of good tall gortex lightweight durable boots. Nothing is catching my eyes.

Redwing/Danner flat soled on at 5:30.
If it's a removal I put on 16" westco lineman boots. As soon as I hit the ground, flat bottoms again.
Boots with high soles makes you walk like a women (hips forward) pinching an already ailing sciatica nerve.

I wear tennies until i have to climb then switch in and out of my boots for climbing or ground work.

boots on at 630... off when i get out of the tree...light hikers for ground work (unless im working with super-sized logs on the ground)...
lugging steal toed boots around on the ground is bad on the lower back... especially hauling brush... and hurting feet can be dehydration...

Latest posts

Back