Husqvarna xp silver? clear coat?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosegunner

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a new 550xp from mespura. Came in new condition as described and packaged well.

Has anyone tried spraying the silver clutch cover with some clear coat to help save the silver finish?

If so how did it hold up?

Hoping to try it soon and hopefully sell my Dolmar 420. I do not have multiple CAD. I prefer to have no more than 2 nice running saws at a time. ;)

gg

I am a function over form guy at heart, but I admit, the husky silver is just icky. I have no idea why they started doing that.

Anyway, a good cleaning and some nice cammie tape would fix it. Or something, anything, stickers...brush on some leftover house paint, sand it all off, spray glue and woodchips....

i'm a function over form guy too. i like a beat up looking but good running saw. surprises people when my beat to hell saws hand their new ones their ass :)

ya, really, sometimes the beat up ones look like that because they got used a lot..because they work!

with that said, thought of another, although I think it was mentioned here before as well, whatever..rhinoliner!

I wish someone would Cerakote a Bar and report the findings.

Or you could use Brownells epoxy paint (available in several colors) on the clutch cover and have the bar hard chromed.

images
I want to try some of this in gray or silver aluminum on a bar think it will work 40.00 a guart.But a quart would do alot of bars

Latest posts

Back