I'm looking to buy oak split firewood by the semi load delivered to southwest ks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total wood I've been selling per year is about 70 cord. With the restrictions Ks. is putting on firewood coming into the state
the wood needs to be kilned. Can you help?
Do you make anything on it? Aint There No Trees In Kansas?

None here, but curious. Specifically, what are the government requirements?
They are trying to stop the Ash Borer, pine wilt and other insects from coming in. They ask that all wood is kilned and tagged when it comes in. We
are also supposed to keep records as to where, and when the wood moves in Ks. As for here, once again, there is no hard wood to harvest in SW Ks.
so we are trying to comply w/ state regs and still keep customers.

They are trying to stop the Ash Borer, pine wilt and other insects from coming in. They ask that all wood is kilned and tagged when it comes in. We
are also supposed to keep records as to where, and when the wood moves in Ks. As for here, once again, there is no hard wood to harvest in SW Ks.
so we are trying to comply w/ state regs and still keep customers.

Well, good luck. I had an idea a long time ago I posted here, I'll revisit it. A semi trailer designed as a mobile kiln. Cut, split and load someplace where it is cheaper and available, load maybe in metal baskets with a forklift. As the tractor hauls it, the waste engine heat kiln dries the wood, maybe an additional diesel oil burner as an adjunct. A few vents should be enough for air flow.

Well, good luck. I had an idea a long time ago I posted here, I'll revisit it. A semi trailer designed as a mobile kiln. Cut, split and load someplace where it is cheaper and available, load maybe in metal baskets with a forklift. As the tractor hauls it, the waste engine heat kiln dries the wood, maybe an additional diesel oil burner as an adjunct. A few vents should be enough for air flow.
Sounds like an idea. I don't know how hot the wood needs to get to remove unwanted travelers but good luck. In the mean time, it's winter in SW KS and no wood. Anybody that can help please let me
know.

Latest posts

Back