I'm about to throw my kids toy into the fireplace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennsywoodburnr

supreme scrounger
Reaction score
Now that the little guy is getting older, he's starting to gravitate from simple push toys and little building blocks to things that require batteries, and a ton of patience. Now I'm sure every dad on here has had a run-in with one of their kids toys where they got so sick of hearing the friggin' thing they were thinking of a way to sabotage it and break it, casually find a way to get it into the trash, or just straight up throw it into their OWB, wood fired furnace, stove, or whatever. The toy that I'm talking about is non other than this:

hasbro-bop-it-xt-special-edition-black-onyx.jpg

A toy that was designed, produced, and distributed by Satan himself. First thing my kid does when he wakes up? Go straight to the Bop It. Oh....daddy's trying to sleep? Time for a Bop It marathon! Right now it's on top of the gun cabinet but he keeps looking at it and asking for it. It's staying there until I figure out a way to covertly dispose of it......

I think every toy that ended up in our house for Christmas this year makes noise in some way. Right now at our house it's New Year's Eve all over again with noisemakers and horns going off. At least they are made of paper and they eventually get wet enough to fall apart from saliva. :baba:

I have a 6-year-old boy... near every friggin' toy uses batteries and makes noise. And then there's the video games, which, I guess, don't work properly unless the volume is turned fully up. My wife buys batteries by the gross. There's dinging, donging, bonging, bonking, roaring, thumping, ringing, screeching, sirens, bells, horns, whistles, howls, engine revs, talking action figures, and the teenage daughter has the TV cranked up over all that... while she looks at her phone instead of the TV :nofunny: It don't end there either; my wife has taken on the job of watching the month-old grandson while the parents are at work... waaaaa, waaaa, waaaaaaa, waaaa, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa‼

I'm heading out to the shop and do... something...

I have been known to "misplace" batteries . Quiets things down for a while. Not quite as bad for us since we're empty nesters & only have to deal with it when grandkids are here.

Do it man! Do it. We will all look up to for doing the one thing we all dream about but don't want do face the consequences of!

Grandpa and nanna got our boy this

As we were driving home at night I could only imagine what cars behind us were thinking. I specifically told them no battery operated toys!!!!

Report back!

Something about the Bop It doesn't quite look like a kids toy.:confused:

Mr. HE:cool:

Man, what a bunch of sissies. I just warn the kids/grandkids if they disturb me after I go to bed, I am getting them up at 5:30 when i get up to watch the news have breakfast before work.

It's never happened a second time with any of them. And they learned to believe my word.

We've got five kids, and have developed the following sophisticated coping strategies that we are happy to share with all our friends at AS:
  1. Skip the tape - use a drop of hot-melt glue in speaker holes. You'd be amazed how much it lowers the volume if there are only a few holes to fill. And they can't get it out of there... usually they don't even notice. (If it's something like a speaker grille, this is a PITA, so move to #2 below.)
  2. We actively encourage our kids to play outside as much as possible, sharing our holiday joy with our neighbors. This both works as an incentive to prevent them from dropping off noisy gifts themselves, and also frequently leads to lost toys. One good snowfall and that toy is gone until spring - and noiseless when it resurfaces.
  3. We also encourage them to bring their FAVORITE, most FUN toys to "keep at grandma's house." After all, we want to make sure the grandparentes get to participate in the joy and love of the season as well! This year Grandma gave them Legos...
  4. Harbor Freight and eBay are great sources of cheap-o batteries. Some of them are loaded with so little electrolyte that they barely last a day. You can actually feel the weight difference between them and a retail brand - they weigh a quarter as much. Noisy toys get loaded with these, and when they burn out...
Wishing you all the best for the holiday season!

Pay Backs are hell, when you get to be Gramps, buy those noisy battery eaters and send them home with the kids.

Do it man! Do it. We will all look up to for doing the one thing we all dream about but don't want do face the consequences of!

Grandpa and nanna got our boy this

As we were driving home at night I could only imagine what cars behind us were thinking. I specifically told them no battery operated toys!!!!

Report back!

I couldn't even make it thru the obnoxious commercial...thank goodness my kids are grown up!

3. encourage them to bring their FAVORITE, most FUN toys to "keep at grandma's house." After all, we want to make sure the grandparentes get to participate in the joy and love of the season as wellWe also! This year Grandma gave them Legos...

And Grandma just got even. The joy of stepping on a Lego at 2:00 in the morning to comfort a nightmare is priceless. Can't even beller in pain, you'll make the nightmare worse!

Old age and treachery...

Back