Oklahoma,AR,MO,KS,TX GTG (Next GTG 08/27/2016 ) Fort Scott, KS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and bought me one of those fancy Stihl splitting mauls. Works like I remember a splitting maul working. Nothing amazing that I can tell, but seems to be nicely made. I will say this: If you over strike with this maul, it WILL HURT! It definitely woke me up, lol.

I've been working up the locust. I did find one piece I'm going to leave for a COLD day.

Be careful of that. Hitting a chunk on the highway at speed is no fun. In Missouri, the boys in the funny flat hats will pull you over for a chat.
If you're going highway speeds on the roads we travel, you deserve to hit a chunk of wood...
That being said, yes, flat hat boys have little sense of humor.
Fortunately, they have no business on my roads either. They should be in Cabool, bothering Alan...

You are asking the wrong guy I am not a real stihl fan they have to be disassembled way to much to work on. at least the ones i have messed with they are best purchased and resold. I feel you get more bang for your buck with other brands. I am partial to older swedes,( Partners, Jonsereds, and some of the Italian saws Olympic, Efco. as a few have seen I have a menagerie of saws.:numberone::numberone::numberone:

I agree but I would have to add old Poulans to my list of likes. I mailed out another Stahl today. Only five or six to go.

Flyinglow and I had a great time today. He liked our collection of saws pretty well especially the 262xp... I got to run his 241, 261, 028, 034, 361, 10mm 044 and 660. I was surprised how much heavier the 9010 is than his 660... The results were close across the board except for I have nothing comparable to the 241 and his Stumpbroke 261 was noticeably snottier than Dad's mostly stock version, which was amplified by Dad's running 3/8" chain and Steve's running .325". All-in-all it was a great day! His ported 044 and my Stumpbroke 372 were VERY close in loaded RPM, with his being a bit faster by about 200rpm. I'd like to dress up the chains and try again. I feel dirty for saying this, but I think I'd rather have the 044, not that my 372 is going ANYWHERE...

I take it that Jim was in good spirits?

Flyinglow and I had a great time today. He liked our collection of saws pretty well especially the 262xp... I got to run his 241, 261, 028, 034, 361, 10mm 044 and 660. I was surprised how much heavier the 9010 is than his 660... The results were close across the board except for I have nothing comparable to the 241 and his Stumpbroke 261 was noticeably snottier than Dad's mostly stock version, which was amplified by Dad's running 3/8" chain and Steve's running .325". All-in-all it was a great day! His ported 044 and my Stumpbroke 372 were VERY close in loaded RPM, with his being a bit faster by about 200rpm. I'd like to dress up the chains and try again. I feel dirty for saying this, but I think I'd rather have the 044, not that my 372 is going ANYWHERE...

I take it that Jim was in good spirits?
Stumpy was getting the Stihl's down when he quit building saws...
But...
Progress was made after your 372 was built too...
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!
The hammer was just stupid fast...
Like Wiggs' 372...
Oh, and 3/8 will always be faster on a 50cc that has the nuts to pull it..
Chain IS the difference maker!!!

i ran Steves AP-42 lombard this evening, i put the 24" LG husky mount and an aggresive
skip chain and that old sucker marched right threw HARD 2 year old elm and some cherry
noodled full bar depth, no overheating, it likes to work hard :)
alot of these old saws heat up and go to poo ... not this one
I think it would pull full comp fine...

But...
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!
Like Wiggs' 372...

my little 450 is 3.2 hp .... that isnt much power, Matts right
3/8 square is faster than even stihl PS lo pro! ... or my .325 race chain
i want to try a treeslinger (jasha) ground .325 chain (that i do stuff to).. all will be fast
BUT put a big dorky semi chisel on that saw its a PIG! onk onk suuuu....eeeeeee
if thinking a good sharp LPX would be fine and smooth :)

But...
Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!
Like Wiggs' 372...

was the hammer the black saw with mario sticker on it?

If you're going highway speeds on the roads we travel, you deserve to hit a chunk of wood...
That being said, yes, flat hat boys have little sense of humor. Fortunately, they have no business on my roads either. They should be in Cabool, bothering Alan...

Speaking of Alan. Did he get a trim and some ornaments for Christmas?

hipster-beard-ornaments-elite-daily-11.jpg

Man I was a few pages behind, happy to hear Jim is ok sorry about his back. Love all the wood pics, here is mine from couple days ago.
8604540ad0713ff97aa5fa92d32ffe54.jpg

Back