Dolmar 115 bar and chain recommendations...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I cant find many 16" K095 3/8 bars at all... Only 15" and 18", may have to step up to 18" then.

Thanks again for all your help. Have just ordered a complete decals set for it too so will post pics when its finished..

Does anyone have an Oregon K153 mount bar on a 115 or similar, the K153 and K095 look pretty similar to me...link below

http://handwerkermarkt24.de/online/templatemedia/all_lang/resources/Anschlu$C3$9Fschema.pdf

It would likely be made to work, the holes for the oil to the bar may have to be modified to line up with the supply from the bar pad through the chain guide plate, this can be accomplished fairly easily with a drill bit or dremel burr. The holes for the chain tension-er may just be a tad off also but this can be modified very easily to work.

I have never seen a K153 bar in real "life", and simply don't know it the mods you suggested are needed or not. Also, I don't know when Dolmar switched from K153 to K095.

I will see if I can find one and try it out since I have 15 + SD runners and could always use another bar.

The saw is coming along nicely now, but need a little more help....
Just removed the Clutch drum/Spur sprocket as its still on the original and is pretty shot. (attached)

Want to move over to a rim sprocket, does anyone have an Oregon part number for the equivalent (older 115)?

Would - ORF 38824X be the correct one?

Thanks
James

Attachments

• photo (14).JPG
    photo (14).JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 4
Mine came from the factory with a 15" .325 X .058 B&C with a 8 pin rim

I changed to a 3/8" 7 pin rim and a 16" Power Match K095 X .050" bar and 3/8" Stihl RS.

The saw is coming along nicely now, but need a little more help....
Just removed the Clutch drum/Spur sprocket as its still on the original and is pretty shot. (attached)

Want to move over to a rim sprocket, does anyone have an Oregon part number for the equivalent (older 115)?

Would - ORF 38824X be the correct one?

Thanks
James

That was the number I used for the last set I got from Oregon.

A little update...
Got both my 115's up and running now, what awesome little saws! Both are 1988 models but have hardly had any work.
One is equipped with the original 18" bar and .325 chain and the other (as mentioned previously) now has a nice new 3/8 rim sprocket kit and 18" Carlton sprocket nose bar running Oregon 73 chain... My question is, given that bar length is the same and the saw is only 52cc, which chain do people run?
I notice that chain speed is slightly higher with the .325, but the 3/8 eats more chips and as long as you don't lean too hard get the same results or better...
I read somewhere that the older saws have more low down grunt and mid range torque (which the 115 isn't lacking) so would this swing the needle more to the 3/8 chain?

Just interested to know people thoughts...

Back