Repainting Husqvarna XP silver clutch cover

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powder coat is best when it comes to small parts with tight pockets and angles. Most importantly is the preparation. Ensure that the workpiece is well cleaned and have good roughness.

Paint flaking comes almost always because of poor preparation, or the wrong choice of paint spec.
Over gray metalic I would put 1-2 coats clearcoat type semigloss.

If I could'nt use powder coat, my first layer would be solid epoxy paint. Then grey metalic, for then a couple layers clearcoat type semigloss.

i am still one old fart who just love them classic way.....my first choices would always be to paint Huskies orange.

i am still one old fart who just love them classic way.....my first choices would always be to paint Huskies orange.

I think I am going to send it out to Glock37 to get it powder coated. I told him I didn't care if he painted it the original silver or the Husqvarna orange, so ill be in for a surprise when he sends it back.

Does anyone know how I might be able to remove this horizontal chain tensioner bolt ? I have to have all the parts off before I send it off to paint.
IMG_0569.jpg

Back