Are most ebay saw buyers insane?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sold a seized 066 for $250. Their offer not my requirement.

I also bought the 880 that I have off Ebay. I consider what I paid a good deal for what I received.

I guess the buyer most be aware of what they are doing.

Hal

Unfortunately, many local cl prices and pawn shop prices are based on jacked up buy it now prices on eBay. The cl ads, in many cases, are people that are not in tune with the used saw market. On the flip side, pawn shops use it to put the highest price possible on an item.

People will sell any and everything on e-bay and no way I would buy a used saw, weed-eater, etc. from e-bay I think pigs will be flying first before that happens.
I have never purchased any used cutting, mowing, trimming, etc, etc equipment and if I did I must personally know the previous owner before considering it, now from reading here the last few months I could see myself possibly buying from a member here with numerous excellent transactions accredited to them.

I think most are nuts.

I saw a 025, not even a newer model 250, go for $250 plus shipping the other day.

I've gotten good deals on specific parts there, but bidding on a whole saw is something else. People way overpay and some sellers just wrap the saw up to look like more than it is.

For instance, an 028 Super cover on a regular 028. The average buyer isn't gonna pull the jug and check.

I had that saw on my watch list and couldn't believe the price it went for. It amazes me what a pile of 350 goes for, over and over again. 50, 350, 372 series pieces never seem to run out of demand. I bought 5 "running" saws on Ebay and they all had issues not disclosed, one was fried. I agree that I have better luck on craigslist.

When I buy a used saw I assume it's not gonna be perfect. I try to get the lowest price possible to allow for a saw needing parts or repair even if the saw is not listed that way. I'm fairly capable of fixing the saw when it arrives so I'm not usually disappointed. I rarely ever get back with the seller about the condition unless I feel the seller purposely scammed me or knowingly lied about it. I seldom give negative feedback but I do have several buyers/sellers blocked on ebay.

Ebay is all about the buyer. While I have not had a problem with chainsaw buyers, a couple recent non-chainsaw items did not go well.

Classic example: One buyer complained they didn't receive the item after UPS confirmed deliver to their local "Mail Etc" drop box address. We debated back and forth until Ebay sided with buyer and gave them a full refund. I called Ebay on the phone and got the "file a claim with UPS" response. :crazy2:

Randy's Engine Repair wants $16.99 for ONE, yes ONE, anti-vibe plug for a Husky 55. I emailed him to ask him if it was a typo - he said no. You can get 4 of them, which is how many a 55 uses, for less than $17 bucks. Sheeesh...

Randy's Engine Repair wants $16.99 for ONE, yes ONE, anti-vibe plug for a Husky 55. I emailed him to ask him if it was a typo - he said no. You can get 4 of them, which is how many a 55 uses, for less than $17 bucks. Sheeesh...
He is one of the highest on Husq parts, much higher than my local dealer.

Back